• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Meridian Units Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Could any EMT passengers please advise of the orientation of the units i.e. if the units have the first class at the London end, as is usual on other lines. 5 car units are coaches ABCDG or NMLKJ and 7's are ACDEFGJ so on 5 cars G or J and on 7's J would be at the south.

Thanks in advance.

The Colonel

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
From my experience, First Class tends to turn up at either end. On the HSTs I've been on it's always been at the country end!

MCR247

Established Member
It can be at any end. EMT units have no pattern in my experience. HSTs are never in the same direction since the diagrams involve Leeds via Nottingham services, and meridians just generally vary because of London - Nottingham - Derby services etc

Yew

Established Member
It can be at any end. EMT units have no pattern in my experience. HSTs are never in the same direction since the diagrams involve Leeds via Nottingham services, and meridians just generally vary because of London - Nottingham - Derby services etc

Ive found HST's have it at the london end a little more often than the county end

asylumxl

Established Member
In my experience I've usually found the the standard class to be at the London end for HST services but I usually use them later in the evening (e.g. 2200).

As for Meridians, I believe I usually find 1st at the London end, which is further supported by the fact towards London I usually find myself walking backwards to board a standard class coach.

12CSVT

Established Member
From my experience it is completely at random whether first class is at the London end or country end.

shedman

It is completely random as even a simple ECS movement from Nottingham to Derby will turn set. EMT are very active with seeking which way round the sets leaving the depots so the platform screens display the correct information at the start of the day but set swaps can cause this to be wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.