• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT strengthening of services by replacing others with RRB

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbeech

Established Member
its well known that the Lincoln Christmas markets are popular and that EMT services are always stretched on saturdays. This is going to be made worse this year by the Northern farce. However I’m disappointed to learn that they are proud to announce their excellent contribution by strengthening services in and out of Lincoln, where in order to do so they have cancelled all trains between Mansfield and Worksop and replaced them with buses. This will extend journey times between Nottingham and Worksop by over 30 minutes.
I understand the need to prioritise services but I find the “look how incredible we are for putting on more trains” attitude to be very poor when actually you’ve just stolen trains from other diagrams. I find it quite out of character as normally I find they’re one of the most professional TOCs out there.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
There are currently 6-8 coaches going through refurbishment which is more than the normal number which would be shipped in from other lines (particularly Skegness). In addition to this there are two HST diagrams, and at least two Class 222 diagrams being used on the Lincoln route. Unfortunately its a decision where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, nobody can win in this.

Established Member
Looking at this the page below it looks like EMT are struggling atm with quite a few short forms on various routes today including London services Looking at the loading posters it looks like there will be a 5 car and 7 car 222 and a HST with the units being all 2 car from the Nottingham direction. Also with the northern strike i'm sure EMT would also like to make sure all the Liverpool services are 4 car as well.

https://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.u...e-trains-have-fewer-coaches-than-usual-today/

Failed Unit

Established Member
Lots of Northern stock to hire. (I will get my coat)

I assume Ely - Norwich and Sleaford - Nottingham are out because of engineering work.

See how it impacts the Doncaster - Lincoln and Newark to Lincoln routes as passengers find other routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.