• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGL1

Good luck all who got through, got my unsuccessful email at 1am today :(. Kudos to EMT for the speedy turnaround on letting applicants know either way.

The sifting is a weird beast as I used pretty much the same application for WMT recently which passed the sift and I'm awaiting stage 1 assessments next week,

Received an email saying I’ve been shortlisted for the post! Best of luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Be more than happy to send my application over to anyone who wants to see it.

Congrats on getting through mate! I'd take you up on that offer to see your application if the offer still stands? I actually felt my EMT application was stronger than my WMT which passed the sift. This is the 2nd EMT application which didn't make the cut and can't figure where I need to tweak it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DepotDosser

Yeah I’ve passed them all. Currently in the talent pool with Freightliner and have been since November.

Thanks for that. I think there are 3 emails they are sending out then.

1) a simple unsuccessful
2) we’ll get back to you
3) shortlisted (sent to those who have passed previous assessments with other TOC’s

Dynamonic

Similar splits happen with EMT’s Depot Driver recruitment too due to the sheer number of applicants.
It’s likely that EMT are creating multiple waves of candidates to go through later processes.
The ones who have now been shortlisted will generally be in wave one, with ones who have the ‘working on’ email likely making up later intakes if your application passes.
Quite simply, they will now have the number of candidates they need for Stage One, and once they’ve gone through the recruitment system, they will take the next wave through.
They’re building a talent pool you see. :)

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Received an email saying I’ve been shortlisted for the post! Best of luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Be more than happy to send my application over to anyone who wants to see it.

DONT ! If someone copies yours HR could reject both of you !

TGreen

Good luck all who got through, got my unsuccessful email at 1am today :(. Kudos to EMT for the speedy turnaround on letting applicants know either way.

The sifting is a weird beast as I used pretty much the same application for WMT recently which passed the sift and I'm awaiting stage 1 assessments next week,

Congrats on getting through mate! I'd take you up on that offer to see your application if the offer still stands? I actually felt my EMT application was stronger than my WMT which passed the sift. This is the 2nd EMT application which didn't make the cut and can't figure where I need to tweak it?

I applied for WMT as well and sent pretty much the same application to EMT. Didn't get through the sift with WMT, did with EMT.

Salesy

Thanks for that. I think there are 3 emails they are sending out then.

1) a simple unsuccessful
2) we’ll get back to you
3) shortlisted (sent to those who have passed previous assessments with other TOC’s

I got the shortlisted email, but have never done an assessment centre for a TOC, so i think they just send that to those that pass the paper sift.

S-Car-Go

Oh, I got a completely different type of email from EMT today asking if I have been successful at any or all of the psychometric tests. I guess it is to see what stage I'm already at.

monkeyskillz

Similar splits happen with EMT’s Depot Driver recruitment too due to the sheer number of applicants.
It’s likely that EMT are creating multiple waves of candidates to go through later processes.
The ones who have now been shortlisted will generally be in wave one, with ones who have the ‘working on’ email likely making up later intakes if your application passes.
Quite simply, they will now have the number of candidates they need for Stage One, and once they’ve gone through the recruitment system, they will take the next wave through.
They’re building a talent pool you see. :)

As Dynamonic says it will be waves from the pool so to speak. The original application mentioned as much and said there’d be further recruiting through to next year I believe. There is another thread for EMT depot drivers. It’s 65 pages long now (I’m viewing on my phone) and although I’m only about a quarter through it there’s some really good info on the process and the waves. I recommend reading it if you can.

I got the shortlisted email, but have never done an assessment centre for a TOC, so i think they just send that to those that pass the paper sift.

Yeah I think regardless of whether you’ve done the psychometric tests for another TOC or not anyone going through the recruitment process will still have to do Part 2 which I believe is the group assessment and speed interviews and also Part 3 which is the DMI. Then obviously still a medical and reference checks etc. Part 1 & 4 will be Psychometric / OPC stage 1 & 2.
At least this is how I understand it. Dynamonic, does that sound about right and do you know if the group assessment day is still held in Derby?

Dynamonic

Yeah I think regardless of whether you’ve done the psychometric tests for another TOC or not anyone going through the recruitment process will still have to do Part 2 which I believe is the group assessment and speed interviews and also Part 3 which is the DMI. Then obviously still a medical and reference checks etc. Part 1 & 4 will be Psychometric / OPC stage 1 & 2.
At least this is how I understand it. Dynamonic, does that sound about right and do you know if the group assessment day is still held in Derby?

That’s right. When I went through the process a couple of years ago, EMT accepted Psychometric ‘enhanced’ passes which were under two years old, with those just doing Stages 2 and 3, plus any psychometric tests they didn’t get EMT’s ‘Enhanced’ standard in.
Additionally, you can now expect Maths and English tests to be sent to you to complete online as that is a requirement for the new Train Driver Apprenticeship. (I believe this is for those who don’t have the Level 2 qualifications already, which are GCSE’s Grade C or above, or equivalent)

All stages apart from Stage 4 are usually held at EMT’s Training Academy in Derby, with Stage 4 usually taking place at some hotel in Nottingham or Derby. (I did mine at the Hilton in Nottingham)
As mentioned in the advert, training will take place in Derby.

Last edited:

Salesy

Just had my invite for Stage 1. The email says:

“...Please note we are currently checking all candidates testing records with The OPC to see if you have sat the tests before and if they are valid for us. ***Please note if you are not required to resit the tests we will let you know next week, if you do not hear from us you will be required to attend***”

So those that have passed the tests before will get another email next week. I haven’t, so if you’re attending on the 11th I will likely see you there.

TGreen

Just had my invite for Stage 1. The email says:

“...Please note we are currently checking all candidates testing records with The OPC to see if you have sat the tests before and if they are valid for us. ***Please note if you are not required to resit the tests we will let you know next week, if you do not hear from us you will be required to attend***”

So those that have passed the tests before will get another email next week. I haven’t, so if you’re attending on the 11th I will likely see you there.

Best of luck mate! I passed the tests to the enhanced standard in August so hopefully will get an email next week.

Practice makes perfect with these tests!! I also went on the the OPC website and bought the additional practice materials which really helped.

John 212

Best of luck to everyone on here! I've passed with GTR previously does anyone know if they'll accept them assesments

Daly131

Also received said email... Congrats everyone! Also passed with GTR too about 2 years ago plus mmi so hoping to hear back aswell fingers crossed!!!

I have had the same email, would it just be tests or do you think they will have time for interviews as well?

Daly131

Half tests one day other half another I believe stage one is only up to page 40 of the booklet

Stage One will just be the tests which they’ve sent the practice materials over for.
I see on page 2 it lists structured interview. I have been invited for the afternoon so I am guessing that there wouldn't be the time for an interview.

TGreen

I see on page 2 it lists structured interview. I have been invited for the afternoon so I am guessing that there wouldn't be the time for an interview.

Yeah, like Daly said above it’s pages 1-40 for this stage. Then if you pass and eventually get to stage 2 you will use the rest of the booklet.

DepotDosser

Been invited to the assessment centre in Derby as well! Just printing out the document as we speak. If you’re going... see you there and good luck!

Yellowbelly

Hi all. Just wondering I’m away on the 11th and read previous that the stage one testing was over three days 11, 12 and 13. Is there any chance to move or is it set in stone? If so I’ll cut my holiday short. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Firestarter

Hi all. Just wondering I’m away on the 11th and read previous that the stage one testing was over three days 11, 12 and 13. Is there any chance to move or is it set in stone? If so I’ll cut my holiday short. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Contact recruitment, only they can answer this particular question. Good luck

Could someone please explain to me what the stages are? The advert for the role states
1.Driver testing stage which is tests relating to the first 40 pages of the booklet
2. Assessment Day?
3. Competency based interviews?
4. Driver testing stage 2 which I think is the second half of the booklet

Thanks

TGreen

Could someone please explain to me what the stages are? The advert for the role states
1.Driver testing stage which is tests relating to the first 40 pages of the booklet
2. Assessment Day?
3. Competency based interviews?
4. Driver testing stage 2 which I think is the second half of the booklet

Thanks

Stage One - This is the first stage of driver testing which is run by the OPC on behalf of EMT (East Midlands Trains). This is page 1-40 in the booklet you’ve been sent.

Stage Two - I believe this stage is group activities where you need to show team work and communication. This stage is quite unique to EMT.

Stage Three - Interview with a manager at EMT.

Stage Four - This is the second stage of driver testing which is again run by the OPC. This will be computer tests and another interview with set questions with someone from the OPC.

I would have a read through the EMT trainee depot driver thread which is on here. Some really good info on there.

Stage One - This is the first stage of driver testing which is run by the OPC on behalf of EMT (East Midlands Trains). This is page 1-40 in the booklet you’ve been sent.

Stage Two - I believe this stage is group activities where you need to show team work and communication. This stage is quite unique to EMT.

Stage Three - Interview with a manager at EMT.

Stage Four - This is the second stage of driver testing which is again run by the OPC. This will be computer tests and another interview with set questions with someone from the OPC.

I would have a read through the EMT trainee depot driver thread which is on here. Some really good info on there.
Thank you for your reply. Is the trainee depot process the same as the trainee driver?

monkeyskillz

Been invited to the assessment centre in Derby as well! Just printing out the document as we speak. If you’re going... see you there and good luck!

Did anyone else have their email addressed to a name other than their own?
I like the personal touch compared to a “dear candidate” but I wanted to make sure the email was actually meant for me. I’ve replied to Marie. Hopefully she’ll confirm early next week. I haven’t accepted via the link included at this stage.

Contact recruitment, only they can answer this particular question. Good luck

If you get a response could you let us know if the other days are available please.

Yellowbelly

Did anyone else have their email addressed to a name other than their own?
I like the personal touch compared to a “dear candidate” but I wanted to make sure the email was actually meant for me. I’ve replied to Marie. Hopefully she’ll confirm early next week. I haven’t accepted via the link included at this stage.

If you get a response could you let us know if the other days are available please.
Yes no worries!

Status
Not open for further replies.