• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamonic

You’ll notice that when you respond to all your assessment invites in this process, it’ll refer to an ‘interview’. It’s just a generic template for EMT’s invite response system, whether it’s an interview stage or not. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John 212

You’ll notice that when you respond to all your assessment invites in this process, it’ll refer to an ‘interview’. It’s just a generic template for EMT’s invite response system, whether it’s an interview stage or not. :)

Thanks for that!

Does anyone know if EMT accept GTR's assesments? I've done the MMI and passed it all just wondering if they'll accept them.

Rofmeister

Hello to everyone... can someone clear up some confusion surrounding Stagecoach/EMT and Abellio/EMR? If EMT is to become EMR from 18th August 2019, why is Stagecoach/EMT conducting the recruitment? Who will be the employee etc and complete the training? Who will you work for if successful in the application?

I apologies if this had been answered previously.

stevieoz

Hi all

Has anybody done the video interview as a qualified driver? What type of interview is it?

Dynamonic

Hello to everyone... can someone clear up some confusion surrounding Stagecoach/EMT and Abellio/EMR? If EMT is to become EMR from 18th August 2019, why is Stagecoach/EMT conducting the recruitment? Who will be the employee etc and complete the training? Who will you work for if successful in the application?

Hi Rofmeister,

Law requires that railway operations continue as normal throughout franchise changes, and all assets and employees are transferred to the new operator. It’s basically business as usual, but with a new uniform.
From 18th August, Abellio East Midlands Railway would be your employer, despite Stagecoach starting the recruitment. :)

Everything continues as before just under a new company name. All the staff will likely stay and be transferred to the new company. Recruitment know what’s in the pipeline and the future staffing needs - therefore they have to make a start even if the franchise is changing to a new operator. To answer you question anyone successful will work for Abellio/EMR.

Rofmeister

Hi Rofmeister,

Law requires that railway operations continue as normal throughout franchise changes, and all assets and employees are transferred to the new operator. It’s basically business as usual, but with a new uniform.
From 18th August, Abellio East Midlands Railway would be your employer, despite Stagecoach starting the recruitment. :)

Thank you Dynamonic,

So, will the training still be conducted at the Stagecoach training facility in Derby - or will that change once Abellio take charge?

Yellowbelly

Thank you Dynamonic,

So, will the training still be conducted at the Stagecoach training facility in Derby - or will that change once Abellio take charge?
Hi rof, I believe it’s to remain the same. It’s just a change of franchisee.

monkeyskillz

Anyone had the email this week to say their previous assessment scores are good enough and they don’t need to attend the stage 1 assessments again?

Stigy

Established Member
Thanks for that!

Does anyone know if EMT accept GTR's assesments? I've done the MMI and passed it all just wondering if they'll accept them.
Yes, the assessment passes are transferable between TOC/FOC. It does however vary between 1 and 5 years as to how long a particular company will honour any assessment passes though.

Stigy

Established Member
Are you still gonna take the tests if they say you got to? Big risk imo
That’s the issue I potentially had if I went with my current TOC. Hence why I found a TOC who I can use the assessments for 5-years with. I got offered a chance to take what I needed to with my TOC but didn’t want to risk taking them and failing, as I’d be back to square one. It was very much a last resort if I were to do this. I’m happy I didn’t now.

monkeyskillz

I’m guessing nobody had the email yet?

I reckon it’ll be today or tomorrow. Not much time to book the day off if you hadn’t done it already and even if you have but get the email saying you don’t need to attend the stage 1 it’s a wasted annual leave day unless your current employer is ok with a last minute cancellation.

Ducatidave

Just spoken to Irene at EMT, she has confirmed that I will not have to attend the stage 1 test next week as i have already completed this as part of the depot depot driver recruitment. one less thing to worry about.

Daly131

I've passed all tests previously too, however, I just rang the number provided here and informed them I haven't heard if my scores were high enough but they told me they don't know my scores yet so not sure what too think atm... Might have to attend again. I'm booked for the last day so still a little time I guess. Good luck guys.

Firestarter

I've passed all tests previously too, however, I just rang the number provided here and informed them I haven't heard if my scores were high enough but they told me they don't know my scores yet so not sure what too think atm... Might have to attend again. I'm booked for the last day so still a little time I guess. Good luck guys.

Are you prepared to take the tests again?

DmdBey

So I recieved my email today inviting me to the assessment day. I went to accept the invite as per the email. After clicking the link it says I can no longer accept the invite as per the details in my email?

Any ideas anyone?

Salesy

So I recieved my email today inviting me to the assessment day. I went to accept the invite as per the email. After clicking the link it says I can no longer accept the invite as per the details in my email?

Any ideas anyone?

Afraid not, I’d give recruitment a bell. Maybe that date has filled up?

Any ideas anyone?
I clicked and accepted mine, I then clicked on it again as I didn't get a confirmation email and it said the same thing. I called EMT and they confirmed I was booked on

Status
Not open for further replies.