• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

DmdBey

I clicked and accepted mine, I then clicked on it again as I didn't get a confirmation email and it said the same thing. I called EMT and they confirmed I was booked on

Could you confirm what number you used to give them a call?

I'm really hoping I can go on the date they've sent me as luckily I'm off work that day lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Toffee Apples

Well I applied and am now doing my practice tests. Obviously we have got the group Bourdon, which I found the tool for on here... that's interesting trying that on computer...... need more practice on that.

The paper work basically said there's no real practice tests for the other parts of the testing, is that definitely true or is there something out there?

DmdBey

Thanks for the reply guys. I emailed Irene as HR had gone home for the weekend. She kindly replied and manually added me on!

Now time to start practising. Pages 1-40 So only a percentage of the tests to worry about for the first stage I'm assuming

stjimmy87

Group bourdon tests will be done on paper, my advice is to print out some practice tests, it really helped me to get up to the standard. If you can get around 9-11 lines in the time allowed and with no mistakes you should be looking good.

Toffee Apples

Group bourdon tests will be done on paper, my advice is to print out some practice tests, it really helped me to get up to the standard. If you can get around 9-11 lines in the time allowed and with no mistakes you should be looking good.

nice cheers. was literally bricking ones bum covers using the software test. I'll print some off

TGreen

Just received an email confirming that I do not have to attend the stage one assessments on Tuesday as I've passed them previously. Best of luck to everyone sitting them next week.

monkeyskillz

Just received an email confirming that I do not have to attend the stage one assessments on Tuesday as I've passed them previously. Best of luck to everyone sitting them next week.

As in sent today? Saturday? I’m due in on Tuesday but still hoping for the same email.

tunde

I just got an email now, that I need to do my group bordon and tpr1&2 again. I passed all the psychometric test last year with another TOC in two sitting, but EMT said they only allow two years validity on the test and mine less than six months for my first attempt. Does that affect my chances with other TOC I have applied to. Really confused now. What if I fail the group bourdon test, would that be the end?

DmdBey

Been looking through the thread, don't know if it's been asked but does EMT mark to national or enhanced standards do we know?

Toffee Apples

Wait so which tests are we doing Tuesday?

Group bourdon I've practised, what others do we need to do?

Daly131

Think this is the end of the road for me.... Passed all tests before as I know others have too. However, to have passed all tests before and apply to tocs for them to not even accept your initial application on various occasions and then to pass the application sift for this toc only for them to tell me that results are only valid for 2 years even though I passed in June 2017 that they are not valid still because of a six month buffer period means I believe its not meant to be. Good luck everyone with the journey and thanks again baz for keeping everyone posted. The other catch is that if I was to attend again this time and fail no one would accept me. Catch 22 not the news I was hoping for whilst on holiday.

Val3ntine

Think this is the end of the road for me.... Passed all tests before as I know others have too. However, to have passed all tests before and apply to tocs for them to not even accept your initial application on various occasions and then to pass the application sift for this toc only for them to tell me that results are only valid for 2 years even though I passed in June 2017 that they are not valid still because of a six month buffer period means I believe its not meant to be. Good luck everyone with the journey and thanks again baz for keeping everyone posted. The other catch is that if I was to attend again this time and fail no one would accept me. Catch 22 not the news I was hoping for whilst on holiday.

May I just say it’s definetly not the end of the road for you. You have potentially until June 2022 before your assesment passes OFFICIALLY run out. There is a large majorty of TOCS who require 5 years. Some even require 3 which gives you at least another year even with them. Just keep applying mate and let them be the one to tell you no rather than you tell yourself no.

Salesy

Good luck to everybody attending tomorrow.

It was a nice last-minute surprise to get an Authority to Travel. I haven’t got the means to print the email by tomorrow, do you think whoever checks will be happy enough to view it on my smartphone?

Good luck to everybody attending tomorrow.

It was a nice last-minute surprise to get an Authority to Travel. I haven’t got the means to print the email by tomorrow, do you think whoever checks will be happy enough to view it on my smartphone?
Thanks good luck to everyone too. I would have thought it would be accepted but it does say to print it

Salesy

So, further to my previous post, I can confirm that EMT happily accepted my Authority to Travel on my smartphone, without me having to print it out.

Also, an interesting note from the assessment day is news that EMT are accepting a standard pass in this particular recruitment process.

DepotDosser

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any firm dates yet for Stage 2 and the other dates that they vaguely scheduled in the advert?

I have work commitments coming through and would be good to be able to know which shifts to turn down!

monkeyskillz

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any firm dates yet for Stage 2 and the other dates that they vaguely scheduled in the advert?

I have work commitments coming through and would be good to be able to know which shifts to turn down!

Hello mate, the email I got said they’d send the invite for the next stage when the dates have been arranged and confirmed so from that I’m assuming nothing is pencilled in yet and they may be waiting until they have all the stage 1 results.

Good luck to everyone!

DepotDosser

Hello mate, the email I got said they’d send the invite for the next stage when the dates have been arranged and confirmed so from that I’m assuming nothing is pencilled in yet and they may be waiting until they have all the stage 1 results.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks mate. Got mine on Friday afternoon. Has anyone else?

Rofmeister

Thursday for me. For the people who sat yesterday and are sitting today’s tests the very best of luck. How does everyone feel they are getting on?

Just seen this Yellowbelly, I was there today...where were you sat in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.