• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DepotDosser

Looks like those who clearly failed the assessments with clear mistakes are being emailed quite quickly so hopefully no news (this early on) is good news!

Looks like those who clearly failed the assessments with clear mistakes are being emailed quite quickly so hopefully no news (this early on) is good news!
I have only heard of people from Tuesdays assessments being told they wont progress any further. Do you know if anyone else from other days have heard?

DepotDosser

What do you mean by clear mistakes? Surely a fail is a fail and a pass a pass?

Well If I saw someone who did ‘dot to dot’ that’s such an instant fail you could email them straight away? I pressume others get scored up and then compared to the rest and the top percentage progress though

Well If I saw someone who did ‘dot to dot’ that’s such an instant fail you could email them straight away? I pressume others get scored up and then compared to the rest and the top percentage progress though
I was under the impression that they accept standard passes and anyone who meets that goes through to the next round

Pydnmya

You lot are so impatient lol. If you did it on Thursday and was told to wait 5-10 working days why would you be expecting results now?

Dynamonic

EMT will feedback results as they get them from the OPC. Sometimes it takes a week or two, sometimes it can even be within a day. Patience is definitely key in this process! You all have lots more waiting to come before you start. (You can be in the Talent Pool for up to two years)
The length of the waiting has absolutely no bearing on how you've done. I've seen people get told they've passed, leaving others who sat tests on the same day thinking they've failed, only for them to get told they've passed too a few days later.
Just enjoy each stage of the process, be nice and support each other, and again, be patient.

Good luck everyone! :)

Salesy

I have a gut feeling (hopefully not the same as Sam’s) that I’ll hear back by Thursday. They did say 5-7 working days so that would take us to Thursday anyway.

Yellowbelly

I’m still waiting and I sat them Thursday. The wait is only excruciating because we want it so much. Hopefully this week will see most people know their fates.

Yellowbelly

Yeah good luck to everyone. All the guys I met were top class and we had a good laugh on the day. Genuinely enjoyed the day aside from the nerves of course.
That’s good to hear. It makes you want it more though when you realise these are the types of people you could be working with

Salesy

For those who sat stage 1 on Tuesday, I have just received my results:

“Thank you for attending Stage 1 testing last week in Derby. I am pleased to inform you that you have passed this stage of the process. Your results have been logged with the OPC and will be valid for East Midlands Trains for 2 years from the day you sat your tests.

We will be in touch with you in the next week or so to confirm the next stage in the process.”

Good luck everyone.

For those who sat stage 1 on Tuesday, I have just received my results:

“Thank you for attending Stage 1 testing last week in Derby. I am pleased to inform you that you have passed this stage of the process. Your results have been logged with the OPC and will be valid for East Midlands Trains for 2 years from the day you sat your tests.

We will be in touch with you in the next week or so to confirm the next stage in the process.”

Good luck everyone.
Same as well done

tomsharp

Afternoon everyone, I took the tests on Tuesday afternoon and received my email today to say I passed ! I thought the glop test would have got me , so am really pleased. Having gone through the test paper for stage 2 , to the people who have sat it , would you say stage 2 is more difficult? My concern now shifts to the MMI interview. Well done to everyone that passed , hopefully get to speak to some of you when we get our dates for stage 2 .

TGreen

Afternoon everyone, I took the tests on Tuesday afternoon and received my email today to say I passed ! I thought the glop test would have got me , so am really pleased. Having gone through the test paper for stage 2 , to the people who have sat it , would you say stage 2 is more difficult? My concern now shifts to the MMI interview. Well done to everyone that passed , hopefully get to speak to some of you when we get our dates for stage 2 .

Well done mate! I believe stage two for EMT is group/team working activities and also some quick interview questions with staff. ‘Stage Two’ tests which are all on the computer and the MMI are stage four with EMT. I would say I found the stage one tests more difficult but practice, preparation and concentration will see you do fine.

Way to go salesy!!! I was just fibbing about dots to dots I also passed

Ho ho old chap, what a hoot, you'll go down a storm (!) in the messroom. For your next trick "I didn't stop at Luton because I thought I was a freight train".

crebbs1

Spank the monkey it's a lonely job a train driver I don't need friends

Good luck in an interview with that attitude. Just because you work alone as a driver, overall operating the trains comes down to teamwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.