• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AshBod

I'm doing mine in morning, been doing some note taking etc but just worried I'm making irrelevant notes but I guess you never be over prepared with this kind of stuff.
Will fly by though as 90seconds isn't that long to answer a question.

Yellowbelly

Just completed it. I’ll be honest that wasn't very comfortable for me. That’s the first time I’ve done one but seeing yourself was very off putting. Stumbled a couple of times and think I’ve missed out a few nuggets of info I’ve been studying! Ah well it’s in now and that’s that! If I’m successful I’ll be over the moon if I’m not I’ll take it as a learning curve and go again!!! Good luck everyone

AshBod

Just completed it. I’ll be honest that wasn't very comfortable for me. That’s the first time I’ve done one but seeing yourself was very off putting. Stumbled a couple of times and think I’ve missed out a few nuggets of info I’ve been studying! Ah well it’s in now and that’s that! If I’m successful I’ll be over the moon if I’m not I’ll take it as a learning curve and go again!!! Good luck everyone

Should be okay I think mate. They expect abit of nerves and to be thinking of the information you can talk about. You only get the 90seconds so you will never fit everything in.
My TM video interview was awful a few years back but I got through it somehow.
I did mine this morning also, hope it went well!

Yellowbelly

Should be okay I think mate. They expect abit of nerves and to be thinking of the information you can talk about. You only get the 90seconds so you will never fit everything in.
My TM video interview was awful a few years back but I got through it somehow.
I did mine this morning also, hope it went well!
Was yours only 90 seconds? Mine was 2 minutes and a 20 second thinking time before the two minutes to pan out your answer

AshBod

Was yours only 90 seconds? Mine was 2 minutes and a 20 second thinking time before the two minutes to pan out your answer

Oh it may be have been 2minutes but it went that quick that it felt shorter then that! I did have the 20 second thinking time which was good.
Forgot to add because I could see myself I kept looking away at the camera as it's quite off putting so I hope they don't think I had like tons of notes in front of me Haha!

Rofmeister

I would just like to add I completed mine yesterday and was surprised how poorly I did. I am usually very confident, knowledgeable and structured in my responses but it was my first time doing an interview in that format and it took me by complete surprise. I agree that seeing yourself is very strange but wouldn't say I was nervous.

My wife chairs interviews for her company and has used video interviews as part of the recruitment process, she said that she often doesn't recognise individuals from their video interviews as they perform completely different in the face-to-face stage.

I have resided to the fact that I am unlikely to progress to stage 2 and like you Yellowbelly, will use the experience to strengthen my future application/s.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank those that have contributed to this forum, it has been invaluable as a source of information and most of the members are extremely supportive - I would be honored to have you as a work colleague.

Good luck to all who progress further. :)

EMTTALENTTEAM

Verified Rep - EMT Talent Team
Can I just say to those who are asking questions and advice. Remember everyone is competing with each other with regards to these job opportunities and there is obviously another sifting process happening which is why EMT have provided a video interview.
To those who are providing the answers to all the questions, it may be beneficial for your own sake to remember number one until you get the job.

Btw I don't mean the actual OPC assessments, in respect to not giving too much away as that is just to see how you individually do.
But I do suggest the other parts where you are with the TOC (group assessments/ video interview/ dmi) that you are cautious that you are in fact helping your competitors do better than yourself by giving away any answers.

Just my opinion.

Thank you

Yellowbelly

Oh it may be have been 2minutes but it went that quick that it felt shorter then that! I did have the 20 second thinking time which was good.
Forgot to add because I could see myself I kept looking away at the camera as it's quite off putting so I hope they don't think I had like tons of notes in front of me Haha!
Exactly the same mate!!! I was even thinking that whilst looking away

Yellowbelly

I would just like to add I completed mine yesterday and was surprised how poorly I did. I am usually very confident, knowledgeable and structured in my responses but it was my first time doing an interview in that format and it took me by complete surprise. I agree that seeing yourself is very strange but wouldn't say I was nervous.

My wife chairs interviews for her company and has used video interviews as part of the recruitment process, she said that she often doesn't recognise individuals from their video interviews as they perform completely different in the face-to-face stage.

I have resided to the fact that I am unlikely to progress to stage 2 and like you Yellowbelly, will use the experience to strengthen my future application/s.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank those that have contributed to this forum, it has been invaluable as a source of information and most of the members are extremely supportive - I would be honored to have you as a work colleague.

Good luck to all who progress further. :)
Well said mate! But it’s not over yet. I too concur with this forum it’s been invaluable

S-Car-Go

Just completed it. I’ll be honest that wasn't very comfortable for me. That’s the first time I’ve done one but seeing yourself was very offputting.

I agree on that one @Yellowbelly. I completed mine Saturday. It feels like I didn't answer the questions in the right way because I'm not interacting with a real interviewer. I might've done, but it doesn't feel that way. Weird. We shall see!

Yellowbelly

I agree on that one @Yellowbelly. I completed mine Saturday. It feels like I didn't answer the questions in the right way because I'm not interacting with a real interviewer. I might've done, but it doesn't feel that way. Weird. We shall see!
Yes most definitely. I feel my answer for the second question was vague and although most people feel they messed up I genuinely do feel that way

DepotDosser

Well we’ve all given it a go. It’s a new method using automated video interviews and they know not all of us will be comfortable, hence why they said not to worry in the email to make us feel a bit more at ease! Its a nice way for them to get a little snap shot of us and I wish you all luck! ☺️

ID2425652

Can I just say to those who are asking questions and advice. Remember everyone is competing with each other with regards to these job opportunities and there is obviously another sifting process happening which is why EMT have provided a video interview.
To those who are providing the answers to all the questions, it may be beneficial for your own sake to remember number one until you get the job.

Btw I don't mean the actual OPC assessments, in respect to not giving too much away as that is just to see how you individually do.
But I do suggest the other parts where you are with the TOC (group assessments/ video interview/ dmi) that you are cautious that you are in fact helping your competitors do better than yourself by giving away any answers.

Just my opinion.

Thank you

It would seem naive in the extreme to doubt that maybe upto half the applicants are receiving advice from Drivers and or other previous current applicants to this and other TOCs.

Perhaps the selection process should take that into account.

monkeyskillz

Has anyone heard back today from their video interview?

Deadline is 2359 tonight I believe so doubt anyone has replied as yet but could be wrong of course.
Interviews are nerve wracking at the best of times but that is something else.

Maybe it’s one of those things that you get better at the more you do it? Of course that’s no benefit now :)

Salesy

I’m guessing it will probably be a week or two, depending how many people were interviewed.

Have never been so nervous!

Rofmeister

05th and 08th July are the dates planned for Stage 2, so I would expect invites to be sent towards the end of the week.

Salesy

Just got my result from the video interview. I didn’t make it.

Very best of luck to the rest of you. Hopefully, I will have another chance in the future.

Yellowbelly

Just got my result from the video interview. I didn’t make it.

Very best of luck to the rest of you. Hopefully, I will have another chance in the future.
Really sorry to hear that salesy. It’s a horrible feeling I know from last year. Will you go again at the next in take?

Salesy

Really sorry to hear that salesy. It’s a horrible feeling I know from last year. Will you go again at the next in take?

It certainly is mate. I’ll definitely give it another go when it comes around again.

Do I have to wait 6 months, or is that just if you fail the assessments?

tomsharp

Also didn’t make the cut this time , even though I thought I did okay at the video interview given the time frame and nerves, oh well at least I have stage 1 under my belt. Good luck to everyone else. Could it be that being on here and possibly having a edge over other candidates has gone against me ? I would have thought a video interview would be the first stage , then take the stage one tests as it would have cost EMT to let me sit them , not sure am possibly just clutching at straws. Again all the very best to everyone who is still waiting to hear or has got through.

Status
Not open for further replies.