• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyskillz

So you are having interview not another assessment?

It seems that anytime they send an email with a link for you to accept an invite to ANY stage it says interview.
I’m sure someone earlier on the thread or maybe the EMT trainee depot driver thread said that’s what happens.

I doubt anyone is going straight to interview stage and the next stage is the group assessments and individual assessments.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David Knight

Does anybody know if the assessment day on the 5th is stage 2 with the OPC as it doesn't mention this in the email.

Stevo46

Got an email also today saying passed video interview stage. The next stage for those that also got through will be as above; group assessments. Nd individual assessments. Stage 2 OPC I think follows that.

EMTTALENTTEAM

Verified Rep - EMT Talent Team
Good morning all,

If you have any questions about the EMT process, please get in touch with us directly. We will give you the most accurate and up to date information. Could I also ask that you refrain from using staff names on the forum as the majority of you have used a pseudonym instead of your real name...it's only fair.

Regards,
Talent Team

Steve030719

Good morning all,

If you have any questions about the EMT process, please get in touch with us directly. We will give you the most accurate and up to date information. Could I also ask that you refrain from using staff names on the forum as the majority of you have used a pseudonym instead of your real name...it's only fair.

Regards,
Talent Team
Hi East Midlands Trains talent team, why did you mention when advertising for trainee mainline driver you wanted BAME applicants to apply. Then you failed at-least 3 applicants from a BAME background at Video interview stage, I know at-least one of these applicants was very well prepared for the questions and as you don’t provide individual feedback it would be interesting to know how you assess if someone passes this stage? I also know someone outside of the BAME applicants had less information in their answers for video interview. So can you please explain why?

SomeoneElse

Good luck to everyone doing the group assessment, I think most come out of that having enjoyed the day rather than when they first enter :)

SomeoneElse

How do we upload the cv as i cant see anything on the site to upload?

Do you mean for this particular role? As I don't think this position is still available on their website as the closing date has passed.
If you mean for another position it normally says upload CV/ covering letter from what I can recall once you've filled your details and information in. (it's been ages since I last applied, so going on the top of my head).

You might need to refresh your page/ try another site (chrome/Firefox) or get in contact with HR.

Class2ldn

Do you mean for this particular role? As I don't think this position is still available on their website as the closing date has passed.
If you mean for another position it normally says upload CV/ covering letter from what I can recall once you've filled your details and information in. (it's been ages since I last applied, so going on the top of my head).

You might need to refresh your page/ try another site (chrome/Firefox) or get in contact with HR.

No it's for another job but cant see anywhere to upload the cv.

Yellowbelly

Hi everyone. How many attended today’s assessment day in derby? How do you feel you got on?

How was today assessment guys ..what did u have to do and how did you find it.?
Did people get sent home after each session?

Yellowbelly

How was today assessment guys ..what did u have to do and how did you find it.?
Did people get sent home after each session?
No it was a full day where each person involved was there for the duration and took part in all assessments. I thoroughly enjoyed the session and hopefully I’ll be successful but it is something very different to what I’ve ever done before.

34fh0131

For those who took the Stage 1 test today in Derby..... How do you feel it went?

stevieoz

Good morning all,

Regards,
Talent Team

Clown

Stigy

Established Member
Hi East Midlands Trains talent team, why did you mention when advertising for trainee mainline driver you wanted BAME applicants to apply. Then you failed at-least 3 applicants from a BAME background at Video interview stage, I know at-least one of these applicants was very well prepared for the questions and as you don’t provide individual feedback it would be interesting to know how you assess if someone passes this stage? I also know someone outside of the BAME applicants had less information in their answers for video interview. So can you please explain why?
I have no knowledge of their recruitment procedures at EMT, however, with so many people applying, and thus getting interviews, one would assume applicants that meet the standard far outweigh the available jobs? Again, it’s luck of the draw a lot of the time?

Tysoe

I got an email today saying i got through to the next stage. Went to assessment day last Thursday.

Good luck everyone

Tysoe

That’s quality mate! Made up for you. Congratulations. How you feeling? Silly question

Obviously very pleased! I was quietly confident as i felt i did well on the day and didn't struggle with anything but you never know so was trying to not get ahead of myself!

Will wait to see what's next!

Yellowbelly

Hi, for everyone who sat today’s stage two assessments how did you feel you got on? Did you enjoy it?

And also has anyone heard whether or not they’ve been successful from the stage two assessments on Friday July 5th last week?

SomeoneElse

Hi, for everyone who sat today’s stage two assessments how did you feel you got on? Did you enjoy it?

And also has anyone heard whether or not they’ve been successful from the stage two assessments on Friday July 5th last week?

I think you will find out if successful or not once all the assessment days have been finished and sorted. It seems like they have taken a lot of people through to the group assessment if you had yours done nearly a week ago and they are still running them even to today.
I guess as it's going to be a new service they are looking at taking a huge amount more staff on for the new area, which means more people to assess.

Status
Not open for further replies.