• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMT Trainee Driver Vacancies - Northants

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYRTLE3000

I parked in the hotel car park but went into the reception to ask if I could pay by card, the receptionist told me to enter my reg into their computer to prevent any penalty and they wouldn't charge as we were there on assessment with EMR.
Ah, because I had already paid I didn't ask the receptionist. If anything I need a refund then lol.

100 pounds for staying 15 mins too long is steep, especially when others got it for free. I wonder if EMR could help me? The hotel just gave me a load of rubbish about people using their car park to go into town. I said I was in their building for 6 hours! horrendous Cs from their manager

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ducatidave

Ah, because I had already paid I didn't ask the receptionist. If anything I need a refund then lol.

100 pounds for staying 15 mins too long is steep, especially when others got it for free. I wonder if EMR could help me? The hotel just gave me a load of rubbish about people using their car park to go into town. I said I was in their building for 6 hours! horrendous Cs from their manager
I attended the assessment day in July and got the same £100 ticket and I was only 5 minutes over the 6 hours, I appealed to the parking company but got nowhere ended up just paying the £60 discounted fee. Would have been worse if I hadn’t passed the assessment

MYRTLE3000

I attended the assessment day in July and got the same £100 ticket and I was only 5 minutes over the 6 hours, I appealed to the parking company but got nowhere ended up just paying the £60 discounted fee. Would have been worse if I hadn’t passed the assessment

Thanks Dave, it's so frustrating isn't it. Have you made it though to the talent pool?

If I can make it through to the pool at least the fine will be worth it!

Ducatidave

Thanks Dave, it's so frustrating isn't it. Have you made it though to the talent pool?

If I can make it through to the pool at least the fine will be worth it!
Yes I’m in the talent pool, I applied for the earlier depot driver role and took the OPC stage 2 about 3 weeks ago and had the DMI for this role the same week, just waiting for a medical now. Pay the £60 chalk it up to experience and make sure you pass the interview

MYRTLE3000

Yes I’m in the talent pool, I applied for the earlier depot driver role and took the OPC stage 2 about 3 weeks ago and had the DMI for this role the same week, just waiting for a medical now. Pay the £60 chalk it up to experience and make sure you pass the interview
Thanks Dave, hopefully I can make it through to the pool too.
Ps love the name, my partner would kill for his dream bike (1299 panigale r) we saw a man riding one on the sorrento cobbles last summer and it was quite a sight!

Anybody heard back ??? ...I had my stage 4 today wow wow wow ...2 hands joystick wow wow ..good luck everyone and the people I met today

Dan198999

Failed the 2handed joystick ‍♂️, hopefully will come around again in six months

DepotDosser

Sorry to hear that Dan. It’s not easy and is a lot more lively than you think isn’t it! Best of luck in 6 months

Dan198999

Sorry to hear that Dan. It’s not easy and is a lot more lively than you think isn’t it! Best of luck in 6 months
Thank you, hopefully another trainee role will be available in 6 months or so, so I can carry on from where I left.
It is definitely more lively, I wasn't concerned about it because so many people said it was 'easy' it really wasn't

DepotDosser

Thank you, hopefully another trainee role will be available in 6 months or so, so I can carry on from where I left.
It is definitely more lively, I wasn't concerned about it because so many people said it was 'easy' it really wasn't

I found it tricky and was touching the sides a few times. I passed it and when I was told I was amazed! The ball seemed to have a life of its own when I did the two practices, so had to change my approach for the real deal. I think there are programmes you can buy/download that can help you for the next one apparently... not sure how good they are though. At least you now know what to expect and I am sure you will conquer it on your second attempt. Best of luck!

34fh0131

Good luck to those doing the DMI over the next couple of weeks. I had mine today, I know a few others did also.

Ducatidave

Any updates of successful assessments or interviews and start dates???
I did my DMI at the end of July and got the result just under two weeks later. I’d already done my stage 2 testing on a previous application so went straight into the talent pool. At the interview they told me there would be a course starting October 28th and another one at the end of January

34fh0131

Been told I've passed my DMI..... :D

Stage 2 next...

Good luck to those still to take the DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.