• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

End of the Hamburg - Copenhagen Train Ferry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welly

Camera in the rear cab of the very last train to board the Fehmarn ferry at Puttgarden.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexNL

Established Member
Why is there a RB85 right behind the train at Puttgarden? Was this a scheduled connection? o_O

AlexNL

Established Member
During the winter season, Puttgarden - Fehmarn-Burg only sees 5 trains a day. During summer there's a more frequent service: two hourly, with peak time extras if I recall correctly.

Puttgarden isn't really centrally located, Fehmarn-Burg is of more use to the people of Fehmarn.

Veteran Member
A very weak service by German standards. Any idea when it will be suspended / bustituted for the engineering in the line.
It seems to run only before and after the ECs - I don't know if the evening one coincides with a shift change at the ferry terminal? The only time I caught it (midday, about 15 years ago) it was pretty empty.
ISTR the line closes about 2022?

JonasB

Danish railway youtuber Kenny Kariyawasam has made a video about the ferry, and with english subtitles. (His channel is really good, but most of the videos are in Danish only.)

Status
Not open for further replies.