• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

End of the line for Exhall (Murco) oil train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurg

The owners of the former Murco oil depot at Bayton Road, Exhall have applied to Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council regarding the proposed demolition of the buildings, tanks and pipework at the site. I can't seem to provide a direct link to the application, but you can search the reference number 037697 Here.

The application form indicates that the site has been sold, and the new owners want to use the site for some sort of commercial use, but obviously not as an oil depot. I guess it is still to be determined whether the new use would be rail connected.

At what point would the train paths be removed from the system? Do the site owners have to pay an annual fee for their retention?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

james60059

Think the last train ran in 2018, was about once a week by then. I remember it had at least 4 trains a week at one point (originating at Port Clarence on a Monday, Humber on a Tuesday, Port Clarence on Thursday and then Humber or Robeston on a Friday).

Status
Not open for further replies.