• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

End of WC 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
From here.

-----

Virgin are forging ahead with more developments that will see their last emergency locomotive sets phased out, as well as Wi-Fi internet technology on new trains.

The performance improvement of Virgin’s Pendolino fleet to 10,000mpc means that the two EWS sets that have been covering for failures can be returned to their leasing company, Porterbrook, by the end of this year.

The Mark Three carriages have only covered 1,200 miles in the last few months and train builders Alstom say they are now able to supply 45 sets of Pendolinos, enough to meet any emergencies.

Meanwhile 2006 will see wireless internet installed on all 78 trains in the Voyager fleet, following successful trials and introduction on GNER’s East Coast trains. Pendolinos will also be tested to see if they are suitable for future Wi-Fi fitting.

Date: December 1st 2005

-----------------

Good news for Virgin then. Sad News for Spotters. Either way I'm not bothered. Catch the Mk3s while you can!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Is there any news on when the last running date will be?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There hasnt been many WC 90s running recently. There has been the odd one now and then.

RJ

Established Member
AlexS said:
1435 Wolverhampton to London Euston is a favourite working for Class 90 and coaches.

Really? Looks like I'll be taking myself and my camera to Euston then. How long does it take to get form New Street to Euston?

TheSlash

Established Member
matt said:
There hasnt been many WC 90s running recently. There has been the odd one now and then.
Kool
So Virgin, if ya listening, get those 57's on the front and use them for peak time XC services and extra services for major public events / gatherings, especially as you've got the NEC on your patch

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
90018 + 82118 'Brittania' 1G23 17.40 Euston - Wolves (19.35)

This was out today. Pluse 82126 mk3s and unkown loco was at New Street today

Status
Not open for further replies.