• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engaging with Arguments or Discussions

What kind of 'Poster' are you?

• I rarely engage with forum threads, I'm just here for the gen. /may send a few related PMs

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I rarely engage, but try to post when I find the time.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I rarely engage as not enough interests me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I engage with debates somewhat when I can find the time.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I engage somewhat, but only for info, not debates.

• I engage with debates somewhat, until I get bored/ the thread has run out of steam/I'm proven wrong.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I actively engage with as many posts and threads as I can, as I have interesting things to say

• I actively engage and doggedly pursue my point as I have nothing better to do

• I actively engage as I can't recognise when I'm wrong/Always right, just other people can't see it.

• I actively engage but for info not debates.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

43021HST

Established Member
Just curious, how would you generally say you engage with forum threads and if say you become engaged in a heated debate how do you manage it. IE I have a habit of becoming engaged in a thoroughly good debate, I try to plan out my responses and manage to keep up with it enough to post about 4 - 5 responses before, real life has a habit of getting in the way and by the time I've returned to the discussion after a couple of days, it's moved on.

I reckon I'd fall into the: 'I engage with debates somewhat when I can find the time' category, although I probably used to fall into the 'I actively engage and doggedly pursue my point as I have nothing better to do' catagory.

For those absolutists/pedants who would like a definition of engage: I mean you do more than read a thread, IE you actively post responses or if you start a new thread you respond to it.

By the way I havn't included an option for 'It depends on the content for me to engage' as I'm talking about what you do after making the decision to view a thread.

I've probably missed some obvious options out but hey ho, and I'm limited to ten options, I suppose that's what happens when you try to reduce a spectrum of results into polls. I'm also aware that some options could be merged together, but I'm interested as to which options people choose.

By the way I'll probably lose track of the thread after about 20 posts or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.