• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engelbert Humperdinck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
I thought that was said only as a joke, yet so many people have been saying it all night.

Schnellzug

Established Member
Well, I think it was yet further proof that they hate us because they're jealous of our refusal to join in with the Euro fiasco.

[/Daily Mail mode]

gordonthemoron

Established Member
we got hardly any votes because our song was crap. I suspect that Jedward/Edzerbaijohn didn't do so well because everyone thought the were taking the ****

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
All the songs I like did pretty badly. I didn't dislike the UK entry, but a slow ballad just didn't work for the European audience this year.

jon0844

Veteran Member
I think we should put forward the Soccer Aid squad for Euro 2012!

SS4

Established Member
we got hardly any votes because our song was crap. I suspect that Jedward/Edzerbaijohn didn't do so well because everyone thought the were taking the ****

Of course but why let the facts get in the way of a xenophobic rant?

I missed it since I was at the Hammersmith Apollo for the Judas Priest gig :D

Ivo

Established Member
It would appear that we now have as much chance of winning the Eurovision Song Contest as we have of winning the Euro 2012 football competition.

Reason : Contestants not of the required calibre to win.

When did we last have a contestant that was good enough...?

We've now won once in 30 years. Hopeless.

SS4

Established Member
when did we last have a contestant that was good enough...?

edit: I don't know why we moan when one takes an objective look at how the country treats it: as a joke and not worth sending proper artists to instead sending has beens. Sweden's song was/is number one in a number of countries. Same as Germany a couple of years ago. Either treat it seriously or pull out, we've got so much good music here so send someone good and see what happens. It's not good enough to blame bloc-voting when there is nothing good being produced at home

CC 72100

Established Member
When did we last have a contestant that was good enough...?

I don't know, Blue were a reasonable enough entrant with a catchy tune last year, they just didn't perform well on the night and the backing music far to loud.

Sweden a worthy winner in my view, although I wasn't surprised to see Serbia and Russia high up too.

WestCoast

Established Member
I don't know, Blue were a reasonable enough entrant with a catchy tune last year, they just didn't perform well on the night and the backing music.

What about that Andrew Lloyd Webber song a few years ago, wasn't that in the top 5 or something?

Schnellzug

Established Member
I don't know, Blue were a reasonable enough entrant with a catchy tune last year, they just didn't perform well on the night and the backing music far to loud.

.. and also needed something to resurrect their career, which had somewhat pulled into a layby on the fame superhighway and gone to sleep. ..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Of course but why let the facts get in the way of a xenophobic rant?

There really ought to be a special tag for '[Tongue in cheek] .. [/Tongue in cheek]' just to make it clear, if you're talking about what I said above. Perhaps this :lol: would do the job.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What about that Andrew Lloyd Webber song a few years ago, wasn't that in the top 5 or something?

here you go, a complete list since 1957. Highest placing in recent years: Jessica Garlick* in 2002, 2nd. Jade Ewen* came 5th with the lloyd webber one in '09.

* yes, that's what I said too

Tracked

Established Member
Forgettable song with a performer not doing much while dressed in black against a black background, hardly memorable and being first didn't help either ... even the Russian ladies did that bread baking routine.

We could've done with Diversity or one those dance routine lot off Britains Got Talent - or that dog that won it the either week -to add some liveliness to the performance, I'll repeat the "bad Johnny Cash waxwork" comment I saw somewhere or other here then ... :lol:

richw

Veteran Member

edit: I don't know why we moan when one takes an objective look at how the country treats it: as a joke and not worth sending proper artists to instead sending has beens. Sweden's song was/is number one in a number of countries. Same as Germany a couple of years ago. Either treat it seriously or pull out, we've got so much good music here so send someone good and see what happens. It's not good enough to blame bloc-voting when there is nothing good being produced at home

The Swedish entry is number 1 in the UK as well, they put on their best act to the country,

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

SS4

Established Member
The Swedish entry is number 1 in the UK as well, they put on their best act to the country,

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Shows my ignorance about the chart and the music contained therein - something I'm rather proud of.
Sometimes I get the impression we don't put our best acts because we want to lose and so blame the bloc voting instead of having to admit we suck.

I want to see Ireland do My Lovely Horse at one point though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.