• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering work Adwick-Leeds affecting Grand Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson

National Rail Enquiries said:
Engineering work between Adwick and Leeds from 23:00 on Saturday 27 and all day on Sunday 28 April 2013... It is not yet known how Grand Central are affected by this engineering work.

Am I missing something obvious here? Because I fail to see how engineering work between Adwick and Leeds through Wakefield Westgate should affect Grand Central at all, as AFAIK it's a completely different line.

I hope I'm not going to get any nasty surprises, as I have an AP on the 0758 GC service from Bradford on that Sunday, and when I booked it there was no mention of potential changes on their own website...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Grand Central does not serve Pontefract Monkhill on a Sunday, so presumably they use the direct Doncaster-Adwick-Wakefield Westgate line as far as Hare Park Junction, before branching-off to Wakefield Kirkgate.

Crossover

Established Member
Grand Central does not serve Pontefract Monkhill on a Sunday, so presumably they use the direct Doncaster-Adwick-Wakefield Westgate line as far as Hare Park Junction, before branching-off to Wakefield Kirkgate.

Correct - they go through Adwick, Fitzwilliam up the ECML and indeed branch off to Wakefield Kirkgate (been on the last service of the day that did that (it was in November before the timetable change))

34D

Established Member
Am I missing something obvious here? Because I fail to see how engineering work between Adwick and Leeds through Wakefield Westgate should affect Grand Central at all, as AFAIK it's a completely different line.

I hope I'm not going to get any nasty surprises, as I have an AP on the 0758 GC service from Bradford on that Sunday, and when I booked it there was no mention of potential changes on their own website...

A VAR schedule has been created for this train on that morning - note that this could well be amended again between now and the date - and is viewable on RealTimeTrains. Train appears to be going (non-stop) through Pontefract Monkhill.

Robinson

A VAR schedule has been created for this train on that morning - note that this could well be amended again between now and the date - and is viewable on RealTimeTrains. Train appears to be going (non-stop) through Pontefract Monkhill.

Interesting :) Well thank you for that update...

Now I sincerely hope it doesn't change from that!

Status
Not open for further replies.