• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering Work at Stevenage Sunday 22 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Need to travel from Stevenage to Kings Cross around 0630 on Sunday 22 April.

Journey planners were showing replacement buses between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City/Hertford North. Noticed that the journey planners have changed tonight show a train journey throughout.

Has the engineering work been cancelled - can anyone confirm what the situation is.

Many thanks,
Paul.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.u...nned-timetables-changes/details/GN2012-04-22/

From approximately 07.15 until approximately 09:10,
Peterborough route: Buses replace trains between Welwyn Garden City and Peterborough. Trains will operate between London and Welwyn Garden City.

From 09:10

Cambridge Route: Buses will replace trains between Stevenage and Letchworth Garden City. Trains will operate between London King's Cross and Stevenage [...]

So if you make it early, there will be trains it seems :)

Edit: On further examination, there is a timetable here:

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/static/filemanager/Web22Apr12GNSuncn.pdf

Shows a direct train non-stop Stevenage - Finsbury Park then calling at Kings Cross at 06:38 from Stevenage (arr at Kings Cross 07:20) and 07:08 (arr 07:43). Also a 07:38 and 08:08 but before and after then it's buses for a couple of hours.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The 0638 train disappeared from the journey planners yesterday but today it shows trains all day long!

Don't want to turn up for the 0638 to find it's not running or get there early for a replacement bus and find I could've had an extra half hour in bed!

causton

Established Member
I don't think FCC's PDF timetable will be inaccurate (linked to above) - I think that would be the most reliable source.

FWIW, OpenTrainTimes shows the 0638 as running (headcode 1Z55, indicating it's a late addition).
TrainTimes.im (Timetables) shows all the services I mentioned as running - and the previous 2 are updated frequently from Network Rail's feed.

The 0638 is running via Hertford North so pretty special to go along there :P

Therefore, I'm guessing they are running :)

Aictos

Established Member
The 0638 is running via Hertford North so pretty special to go along there :P

You're also forgetting it's also only calling at Finsbury Park and Kings Cross so is also pretty special in that it's not a all shacks service like the line usually receives, ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.