• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Engineering works at London King’s Cross - Christmas & New Year 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seehof

Does anybody know what engineering work will take place on LNER at Christmas and New Year? Is there likely to be another August Bank Holiday type shut down?
I am writing because my wife’s elderly Aunt travels from Rayleigh to York just before every Christmas and returns just before New Year. Abellio has already said that back to Rayleigh then will be a bus replacement and if LNER also has major disruption we will try and put her off travelling and to come earlier or later. Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndyW33

I think in the KX Signalling recontrol thread it was said that the next (and final?) stage of signalling recontrol from Kings X powerbox to York ROC might take place over Christmas/New Year. That would be the terminus itself and the lines stretching to Oakleigh Park/Wood Green (depending on direction).

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I just had a look at LNER website and that seems to indicate that any major track work would be after the festive season. I was checking as a mate of mine may be coming over from New Zealand during the Christmas / New Year Holidays and needs to go to Scarbourgh from the London area. Ticket Sales /Reservations don't seem to be open for that period yet though.

Seehof

Thanks for this - you are a better person than me - I could find nothing on their website!

SC43090

KX will be closed to all passenger trains over the following weekends iin January, February & March

Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th January 2020

Saturday 29th February & Sunday 1st March 2020

Also over the following 5 weekends a reduced service will operate on Saturday 4th // 11th // 18th & Sunday 5th // 12th // 19th January 2020 Also Saturday 8th // 15th & Sunday 9th // 16th February 2020.......

SC 4543090

pdeaves

Established Member
I know it's not the final be-all-and-end-all, but UK Railtours is advertising a tour out of (and back to) Kings Cross on 30 December. Presumably that operator is expecting trains to run!

Seehof

Thank you for this. Now just need ticket sales and reservations to open for Christmas travel!

Status
Not open for further replies.