• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enhanced Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

up1989

Hello all,

This no doubt has been covered before, but just for clarification. If you reach national but not enhanced would the failure to meet the TOC's requirements count as one of your 2 lives lost?

Also does every psychometric assessment have a national and enhanced level?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quin79

From my understanding yes. If TOC want Enhanced and you don't achieve that then it does not meet their standards and you do not progress to DMI and MMI. However if you pass at national then it should not preclude your progression with another TOC that accepts that national pass. However, if you jump straight to DMI and MMI with the new TOC and fail, then I think that counts as abother fail. I may be wrong

Stigy

Established Member
Hello all,

This no doubt has been covered before, but just for clarification. If you reach national but not enhanced would the failure to meet the TOC's requirements count as one of your 2 lives lost?

Also does every psychometric assessment have a national and enhanced level?

Thanks,
If you failed to meet the enhanced standard, but met the national standard, you currently have both lives in-tact at national standard. If you applied for another TOC/FOC who accepts the national standard then you ‘should’ go straight to the MMI/DMI depending on what order the do things in.

To answer your other question; the only assessment which a TOC/FOC use enhanced marks for is the Group Bourden (maybe one other?). The only other one is the DFFT (Driver Fault finding Test) which is an enhanced only test (companies who only assess to national standard don’t use this). The computer tests are all one standard, as is the MMI.

GJL9916

You can’t take the tests within 6 months of each other regardless of the TOC

As long as you pass to standard level then you don’t lose any lives and in theory as long as 6 months passes you can retake the tests as many tines as you want. Just bear in mind that the results will be over written when you take them (for better or worse)

Only time that will be different if is a particular foc or TOC have their own specific rules where they don’t allow you to sit the tests and not reach enhanced more than twice but i’ve never heard of anywhere doing that and even if there was one that did then it would only apply to that specific TOC

So in summary as long as you meet national standard you’re good to take the test as many times as you want as long as there’s a 6 month gap in between

Twotwo

If you failed to meet the enhanced standard, but met the national standard, you currently have both lives in-tact at national standard. If you applied for another TOC/FOC who accepts the national standard then you ‘should’ go straight to the MMI/DMI depending on what order the do things in.

To answer your other question; the only assessment which a TOC/FOC can use enhanced marks for is the Group Bourden (maybe one other?). The only other one is the DFFT (Driver Fault finding Test) which is an enhanced only test (companies who only assess to national standard don’t use this). The computer tests are all one standard, as is the MMI.

I think you may be onto something, don’t think I’ve come across anyone on here that failed the tea occ or the trp 1 and 2 due to only passing nationally and not enhanced. But deffo come across a few who failed to meet the enhanced score for the dots test.....

Stigy

Established Member
I think you may be onto something, don’t think I’ve come across anyone on here that failed the tea occ or the trp 1 and 2 due to only passing nationally and not enhanced. But deffo come across a few who failed to meet the enhanced score for the dots test.....
I know the dots can be enhanced 100% because that and the DFFT were the only two I had to do for Freightliner (The OPC said I had current passes for everything else but I can’t say with certainty what standard they were at). As with you though, I don’t recall ever reading anything here regards queries about enhanced passes for any of the other ones. The VSE (as far as I’m aware) is also linked to the enhanced testing.

Twotwo

I know the dots can be enhanced 100% because that and the DFFT were the only two I had to do for Freightliner (The OPC said I had current passes for everything else but I can’t say with certainty what standard they were at). As with you though, I don’t recall ever reading anything here regards queries about enhanced passes for any of the other ones. The VSE (as far as I’m aware) is also linked to the enhanced testing.

Yep exactly! I think it’s just the just the vse, dfft and the GB.

Quin79

Definitely re VSE as MTR Crossrail use it and they require Enhanced

Stigy

Established Member
There we go then, we’ve managed to sort out the assessment standards between the three of us :lol:

387star

On Moderation

To answer your other question; the only assessment which a TOC/FOC use enhanced marks for is the Group Bourden (maybe one other?). The only other one is the DFFT (Driver Fault finding Test) which is an enhanced only test (companies who only assess to national standard don’t use this). The computer tests are all one standard, as is the MMI.
No C2C did not accept my computer flashing grey box test wav I think as it didn't meet their standard for depot driving
No other toc objected
I got enhanced on the stage one with the dots

387star

On Moderation
It is with regret that I have to inform you that you are not eligible to attend the c2c trainee depot assessment day on Thurs 30th.
Upon checking your recent test scores with the OPC it has been notiied to me that they did not meet our required standard.

OPC feedback - Cant attend as failed WAFV to c2c standard on -2014

My deepest regret for being the bearer of this news and any disappointment this may cause.
Thank you for your interest in c2c and may I wish you the best for the future.

387star

On Moderation
I didn't do the DFFT for Freightliner but for Greater Anglia they must have added that one

Tony43

so just to be clear if I failed the online VSE that would not count as one of your 2 live for a TOC that accepts standard?

Bucephalus

Whilst we're talking about tests I have a question:

I recently applied for Mobile operative (groundstaff) with Freightliner. I've done the online scaat / Raat etc and if I'm lucky, might get to the assessment centre. I failed my GB with GTR in May this year for Shunter Driver (subsequently kaiboshing my assessment day invite with GWR!).

Do you think there could there a roadblock ahead for me?

theking

so just to be clear if I failed the online VSE that would not count as one of your 2 live for a TOC that accepts standard?

Toc's I'm aware of that use VSE who also require enhanced pass marks are....

ARL
MTR CROSSRAIL.

If you fail the VSE with one it 100% counts as one of your lives with either of them so you will only have one more chance.

VSE with ARL is under exam conditions at Watford.

Paulm36

Whilst we're talking about tests I have a question:

I recently applied for Mobile operative (groundstaff) with Freightliner. I've done the online scaat / Raat etc and if I'm lucky, might get to the assessment centre. I failed my GB with GTR in May this year for Shunter Driver (subsequently kaiboshing my assessment day invite with GWR!).

Do you think there could there a roadblock ahead for me?
I think for the mobile ground staff position the online assessments are the only assessments. The next stage should be an interview, there shouldn't be any relation to the driver tests. This is a non driving role.

Stigy

Established Member
Toc's I'm aware of that use VSE who also require enhanced pass marks are....

ARL
MTR CROSSRAIL.

If you fail the VSE with one it 100% counts as one of your lives with either of them so you will only have one more chance.

VSE with ARL is under exam conditions at Watford.
I would challenge that the VSE should count as a live when most of the time you do it in your own time at home. I could understand it if they were all done in the same way yours was.

strangemonk

It seems that Stage 1 is enhanced pass required and stage 2 is national pass

train_lover

Where it becomes more complex is 'enhanced test scores' aren't the same for all TOCs. Enhanced scores change from TOC to TOC.

Sh*n

Hello,
I’m new to this forum. Sorry if it’s has been covered but just wondering if GWR requires DFFT? Also do they only accept enhanced or national level? I’ve heard some TOCS doesn’t. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

PaulBusDriver

Yep, still trying to figure out which part of the test/s are enhanced. I know the gb and dfft are but not sure about the rest....

I originally took my 1st stage assessments with Freightliner, I did not pass to enhanced but did pass to national standard. The test I was below enhanced standard was the GLOP test(reading a passage of text and remembering it when asked questions on it).

I applied to GWR who were happy to take my 1st stage results without further stage 1 testing.

Sh*n

Do they require DFFT? I failed it with another TOC in June who required enhance but I’m not sure if I’ve actually made it at national level as the OPC won’t give me any further details.

Stigy

Established Member
Do they require DFFT? I failed it with another TOC in June who required enhance but I’m not sure if I’ve actually made it at national level as the OPC won’t give me any further details.
The DFFT is an ‘enhanced only’ test. GWR don’t test to enhanced standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.