• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enjoying my ATW conductor training! Thanks RailUKForums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTrain

Hello there,

While I haven't introduced myself or posted on here before I have been a regular for reading the threads etc.

My name is Simon and have just started my training to be a Conductor for ATW based at Holyhead. I have only completed 3 days of my introduction but can already tell there are exciting times ahead. I had to wait 1 year before starting my training and while at times I was pushed to giving up I can say it was well worth the wait. Today was especially fun driving a Class 150 on the simulator at Cardiff :D

I also wanted to say thank you to the people on here who was kind enough to share their own experiences of the assessment days and interview stages. It really helped me to get a sense of what was expected and without it my preparation would of been substantially smaller.

After living in London for 10 years and not far from 30 I thought it was time for a change. In order for me to be more stable and to build a career with possibilities both within my job but also outside of it. Because of the financial stability I can now dedicate time to my artwork (I studied art in London) and save for my pension. Look after my health better and support my love for travel. I couldn't of done this without the amazing information on this forum. So thank you very very much.

I hope to be able to bump into some of you along the way!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

darren111

Hi Simon,
Its great to read comments like yours, well done and enjoy the good times ahead in your career x

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's great to hear, and I am glad people here were able to help.

Good luck & enjoy!

Marks13

Well done Simon , I myself have just finished week 2 of my conductor training and although there is lots to take in I'm excited about my future in the role, well done again and good luck :)

TeaTrain

Thanks for all the comments :)

Yes the first week was just an overview of the company etc and on Monday I will be getting stuck in with the actual training. I'm very excited also Marks13!

craigybagel

Established Member
Trained as a guard with ATW last year and all I can say is, if you enjoyed the induction, you'll definitely enjoy the real training this week! Are you down in Cardiff, staying at the Maldron?

Status
Not open for further replies.