• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enterprise Belfast to Dublin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

drevil0208

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question...

A group of 3 of us will be using the Enterprise from Belfast to Dublin on a weekday in February (the 8:00).

How busy is the Enterprise? Do they have reserved seats? We will probably be buying our tickets that morning, since we are coming from overseas. Should we arrive at the station early if we want a table (standard class).

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
The 08:00 is busy enough, probably the busiest southbound working. You can reserve seats, but boarding at Belfast Central you should be OK to get a table as a lot of business travellers board at Portadown half an hour into the journey. I wouldn't bother if I were you.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Aye, the 0800 was very busy when I caught it from Portadown this summer. Very enjoyable though.

bkhtele

You may be interested Enterprise web fares are available on the Translink enterprise website. They email you a voucher which you swop for a ticket prior to departure. E Tickets are a lot cheaper c £14 single, £20 day return or £30 monthly return. I think prices change a little. I travelled on the enterprise this week it is very spacious, I thought standard was 1st class, I am used to cramped HSTs from Swindon to London!

drevil0208

You may be interested Enterprise web fares are available on the Translink enterprise website. They email you a voucher which you swop for a ticket prior to departure. E Tickets are a lot cheaper c £14 single, £20 day return or £30 monthly return. I think prices change a little. I travelled on the enterprise this week it is very spacious, I thought standard was 1st class, I am used to cramped HSTs from Swindon to London!

I thought you had to have a UK mailing address to buy tickets online?

jamesontheroad

Established Member
Translink web fares can only be posted to UK addresses. However if you speak to your hotel or accommodation in Belfast in advance they might be able to receive the coupon for you. Probably easier than arranging Poste Restante at a Post Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.