• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enthusiasts on the Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
It is also an offense to loiter at a railway station, so those Enthusiasts that have not seeked permission are also breaking the law in the same way as tresspassing on the line. However, I if the enthusiast is sensible and is showing reespect for other users on the station and also being respect to the train queue I have known station masters permit enthusiasts without those enthusiasts requesting permission first, however this is up to the station master of the station.

No, the offence is Byelaw 13(2) "(2) No person shall loiter on the railway if asked to leave by an authorised person."

Therefore you cannot commit the offence until you fail to leave when asked.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beveridges

Established Member
There is no reason to remove enthusiasts from stations. The only ones who do ask them to leave are Jobsworths.
I used to work at Oxford Road, and the only one who used to ask enthusiasts to leave was a jobsworth that everyone hates who was also kicking off with passengers and staff over anything, even things that were nothing to do with him. He is also by far the worst one at his job. Yes this is only one example but every station seems to have at least one Jobsworth.

GB

Established Member
There is no reason to remove enthusiasts from stations. The only ones who do ask them to leave are Jobsworths.
I used to work at Oxford Road, and the only one who used to ask enthusiasts to leave was a jobsworth that everyone hates who was also kicking off with passengers and staff over anything, even things that were nothing to do with him. He is also by far the worst one at his job. Yes this is only one example but every station seems to have at least one Jobsworth.

There is every reason the remove enthusiasts from stations if they are causing a nuisance or disruption.

Beveridges

Established Member
above post

No, Never seen it myself however that cannot be said about *many* p**s heads, football fans, rugby fans, music fans and gangs, who do not get removed. Partly because they are much tougher to get rid of without BTP assistance which is often not immediately available, while most enthusiasts seem to back down easier to the platform staff.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbies
There must be about 80 - 85% of road drivers that ignore the speed limit for the roads that are either on road signs or within the highway code
What makes you put it so high?
I'd put the figure quite a bit lower than that.

No I think he's about right - 85% plus. When I decide to drive at the speed limit I always end up with a tailgater and amount huge amount of cars right behind each other, even if behind me was completely clear a few minutes earlier.

Last edited:

Badger

Idiot jumped off the platform and ran across the tracks at Shrewsbury today to avoid the ticket barriers. Bit of joy as all the way along the road from there on is trousers kept falling down.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
My 158 got delayed yesterday outside Preston - the reason was....you guessed it...someone on the line!

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
No I think he's about right - 85% plus. When I decide to drive at the speed limit I always end up with a tailgater and amount huge amount of cars right behind each other, even if behind me was completely clear a few minutes earlier.

My journey to work involves either that situation, or being stuck behind someone who does 40 mph regardless of the limit.

Just yesterday I saw 3 sets of trespassers whilst onboard a train, all of which were dog walkers.

LE Greys

Established Member
My journey to work involves either that situation, or being stuck behind someone who does 40 mph regardless of the limit.

Just yesterday I saw 3 sets of trespassers whilst onboard a train, all of which were dog walkers.

There used to be a problem with that at Little Wymondley, although they've now put a sub-station there and cut off the trackside path.

As for the 40 mph people, they can be a complete pain in the backside. Stick to 40 all the way through the national speed limit, then 40 through the 30 limit in Graveley. :-x

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I was at Kings Cross on 29th March and Tornado happened to be running to York with a Cathedrals Express service. I was stood on platform 3 and Tornado came into platform 2. I was in the right place for once! :D

There were 3 trespassers off the end of platform 5/6 taking pictures of Tornado as it arrived. This seems pretty stupid to me at a very busy terminus station. (But I guess they had cameras so everything will be ok) There was a very quick announcement asking for BTP to attend and they scurried back onto the platform.:lol:

I have a bad picture of them so might post it because it really pi**es me off when people feel the need to behave as they want. It is bloody stupid<(<(

Status
Not open for further replies.