• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Enthusiasts or Chavs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daniel

Established Member
Well, me and Martyn weren't running/shouting...

And I wasn't drunk. However, others were.

And it wasn't an empty carriage.

And, for the record, I did repeatedly ask some of the others to keep it down in the carriage.

T

Tom

It reminds me of a little trip where James Palmer got banned from first class by a certain conductor on FGW ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Obviously memorex you aren't a culprit but some of the others were far too close. If i was driving i'd have a right mind to slam the brakes on and call BTP etc...

VTDan

As long as they dont go under your train, and mosty of them if they're on your train dont want anything to do with anyone else. Whats the problem? I go out every Friday/Sat and get drunk all the time. It's what we call 'Fun'.

thefab444

Established Member
I still don't see whats so exciting about a Valenta over MTU... :? Especially not when some prick is going PHWAAAWWWWWW over the top of the sound!

I think the drivers were probably horning out of "Get out of the way" or "You ****" (like they do with certain other members on the forum :)).

richa2002

Established Member
Absolute chavs. On the subject of getting drunk, do what you like at home but don't go and get drunk and make town centres a no go area after 10...

VTDan

Mate it's what i do! Just if you ever feel it's a no-go area join in! Best way. Pulling all the girls, finding out their pregnant the next day hmm. But yeah is my idea of fun.
Gotta have fun whilst you're still young. I dont know how old you are but im only in my 20s i'm sure i'll resign from it by about 35! :D

Established Member
All i will add is that i hope i never meet said dickheads. Please stay away from the GCR on Sat if u read this....

I don't think you can blame everyone who goes out for a drink for the state of many town centres. Again, it'll be a minority, generally those not particuarly pleasent before adding alcohol, which shouldn't mean everyone aged 18-30 or whatever is tarred with the same brush, much like everyone intrested in trains, or even HSTs, doesn't act or even think like these clowns.

VTDan

What do you mean by 'chavs'?? You'll probably call me a chav if you saw the clothes I wear. But you can't judge until you've met me. So just tell me whether you mean 'chavs' or troublemakers...

Craig

Established Member
You'll probably call me a chav if you saw the clothes I wear.

Do you wear a tracksuit with the trouser legs tucked into white socks? If not then you're probably not a chav. Unless you wet yourself at the sight of an HST of course :p

VTDan

I do wear tracksuit bottoms. In fact right now im wearing Nike AirMax grey trakkies and a Nike 'Just Do It' T-shirt. However i do not tuck my trousers into my socks!

But you're brave if you call me a chav.

Jordy

Established Member
Very sad, chavvy, stoaty behaviour, they should be ashamed of themselves :roll:

Turbostar

When I go out, yeh I go out to have a laugh, have a good time with friends, etc. etc., not to make a fool of myself, be a complete a** & moron etc. etc. Same goes when I go to watch trains, not to scream abuse & shout at trains. Ok, it's upto you what you do, but like I said, it's people like you that give us folk that behave a bad name.

Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.