• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Entire 800/801/802 fleet stood down for safety checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

APT618S

801208, 801216, 801214 checked and deemed fit for traffic
801214 just arrived at Newcastle to form 1Y14, the 0655 to KGX I think this is the first southbound LNER train from Newcastle today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RolandR

Looks like 1Y14 6:55 Newcastle to Kings Cross is due to leave at 7:20.
That is the only LNER I can see running so far.

D9006

Real times is showing quite a few trains in Paddington and Kings Cross, I would assume urgent inspections being carried out, rushing all available staff in to get these done, should be a lengthy progress to check these throughly, good work to get trains fit for service in such a short turnaround

D9006

Looks like 1Y14 6:55 Newcastle to Kings Cross is due to leave at 7:20.
That is the only LNER I can see running so far.
0700 King Cross to Edinburgh is running 16 Late on journey checker and open times too

Snow1964

Established Member
GWR have now put it on website (under a rather obscure disruption on trains into Paddington) section.

Not very obvious if someone was planning say a Bath to Reading journey

GWR have chosen to use words disruption expected until end of today (which rather implies back to normal tomorrow)

D9006

0743 Paddington to Penzance has been reinstated was cancelled 20mins ago, showing stock in platform 9 now and on departure boards

_toommm_

Established Member
Interestingly LNER aren’t divulging the reason on Twitter. Passengers are understandably probing as to what problem has led to a nationwide withdrawal, and in response to people saying the IETs have been temporarily withdrawn, they’ve said this:

The informaion on those forums isn't always correct. As soon as we have factual information, this will be cascaded.

D9006

1Z03 leaving Paddington any ideal what that is, in yellow on open train times so can’t open it up

Kite159

Veteran Member
1Z03 leaving Paddington any ideal what that is, in yellow on open train times so can’t open it up

My guess is that it's a pair of 387s for Didcot judging by the head code based on this post made earlier:
GWR appear to be running a Paddington - Didcot fast service with 8-car 387

1Z01 0630 Paddington - Didcot
1Z02 0630 Didcot - Paddington

Established Member
EMR accepting tickets and website warning of busy trains (unsurprisingly).

RPI

Established Member
Just been told by a manager that its only affecting the 5 car sets? I'll try do some more digging (GWR anyway)

Megafuss

Interestingly LNER aren’t divulging the reason on Twitter. Passengers are understandably probing as to what problem has led to a nationwide withdrawal, and in response to people saying the IETs have been temporarily withdrawn, they’ve said this:

I don't see the problem. In the first tweet they've said there is a problem under investigation, which is a fact. When you want to get information out to customers in a quick manner you have to keep your message short and sharp, not bogged down in technical detail

Journeyman

Established Member
Can't beat proper British engineering. Hitachi should stick to transistor radios
Yeah, like this has never, ever happened to a fleet built by a British company before...

All Bulleid Pacifics were similarly withdrawn in the late forties for cracked axles, and it's happened to the 91s/Mark 4s at least once for a similar reason.

HST274

Looks like IW07 to Great Malvern left Paddington but is currently stopped at Reading. I'm guessing they are bailing that train out too.
-Robert

omnicity4659

I don't see the problem. In the first tweet they've said there is a problem under investigation, which is a fact. When you want to get information out to customers in a quick manner you have to keep your message short and sharp, not bogged down in technical detail

People know there's a "problem" because their train hasn't turned up. And they want to know why.

Other operators have known since about 0520 what's going on, so why not customers and staff at the front?

Peter C

Established Member

74A

Is there that many people that travel to Didcot on a Saturday Morning,
It did look initially as if all fast trains would be cancelled so your only option would be the slow stopping service. Being proactive by adding some additional fast services calling Reading and Didcot

On Moderation
“Hello. Is that Neville Hill? You know those Mark 4s we gave you to look after until June? Errrr, can we have them in service today.”

But people also want an honest explanation, not operating-speaking for we’re not telling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.