• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Epping-Ongar bve4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAS

At http://forums.flightsim.com/ts/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=16&topic_id=18577&mesg_id=18577&page=
I have just been approached for permission by someone who is interested in re-writing the Epping to Ongar route for BVE 4.

This is just to let everyone know that I have given this project my blessing and support, and that on completion of this version of the route, my original route will be withdrawn.

So, this is a warning notice that anyone who wishes to download the original Epping to Ongar route and the associated trains and pages should do so in the near future as their days are now numbered.

Once the files have been removed, I will NOT be in a position to provide access to the files by any other means.

I have asked the new route author to keep this group informed with progress, so look out for news and updates as the project goes on.
Chris Rogers.
http://www.chris-rogers.me.uk
Sounds good.
Thomas

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Hi everyone! This route will have a signal that won't clear! :)

Coxster

Established Member
Why do these people make loads of promises when they either don't know how to code or just cannot be bothered. Thanks to them (if you guys are correct) we won't even be able to play it on BVE2, let alone BVE4 if we don't download it soon!

Nitro

Very true Coxster, instead of saying "Im going to convert this and that to BVE 4" why dont you just do a part and show off a screenie and not make empty promises!

Tom B

Established Member
Best thing I've found is to at least get the preliminaries out the way before announcing a project. Over the years (5 and a bit now - has it really been that long?) I've started doing work on loads of things - and packed them in for various reasons (time, unavailbility of resources and more) a few weeks after beginning. It's better to get the project off the ground and have a few worthy screenies to show when you announce it.

LondonBVE

Do you mean me? Sorry I abandon it due to a virus attack. Anyway Chris Rogers i don't know you are TAS.

TAS

LondonBVE said:
Do you mean me? Sorry I abandon it due to a virus attack. Anyway Chris Rogers i don't know you are TAS.
I'm not, I'm just reporting what he said. If so you had etter tell him tell him and all the people on that forum.
Thomas

Guinness

Established Member
Rich said:
Yes, but if the author is who I think it is, he has many other projects he has started, and has promised other routes (which was a little foolish).

He created Moorfield extentions for BVE 2.6 which IIRC were quite good. :)

So your proberly thinking of a different person...... ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Hi,
Here is a quote from another forum:
Hi,

I am going to rewite Chris Roger's Epping-Ongar route for BVE 4. Does anybody have information regarding the actual route prior closure such as curve data, gradient data, bridge locations etc...

I have the Video 125's Central Line driver eye view video so I know what scenery surrounds the line, but I need to know the distances for stations, bridges, crossings and other technical stuff about the route.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

p.s. Mods/Admins- I dont know if this is the right section to post, it might be more to the LU side rather than the BVE side, please feel free to move this where nessesary.

However, the author of the post, EmergencyBrake, is not a member of RailUK AFAIK, so none of use can help him from here. Unless I post the link to the forum, we cant help him. ;)

Anyway, sounds promising! :D

Coxster

Established Member

The Snap

Established Member

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I wasn't sure if we were allowed to post links to other forums, as some admin on other forums don't like it.
I don't know either (and I'm *meant* to be a moderator) :p

Tom B

Established Member
Rich said:
I wasn't sure if we were allowed to post links to other forums, as some admin on other forums don't like it. I can't see thre problem with posting link to other forums on RailUK, as no one will leave here to go to another one - it is the best one around! :D

Have some loo roll Rich...

I don't know either. I suppose if it's posted in the dissemination of news as opposed to in the interests of promotion it would be OK - perhaps TC can clarify...?

LondonBVE

For your infomation, Emergerncybrake will current slow down both production of the route due to another project taken from my hand which is the Epping to Ongar Branch (BVE 4). Anyway there is no signal in Epping and Ongar branch so may i know who is the person who say must have good signal, including me?

Met Driver

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Have some loo roll Rich...

I don't know either. I suppose if it's posted in the dissemination of news as opposed to in the interests of promotion it would be OK - perhaps TC can clarify...?

That sums it up quite nicely. Linking to a thread/post located elsewhere - as part of a specific discussion - is generally OK. Blatant promotion, however, is not.

HTH

LondonBVE

Rich said:
Yes, but if the author is who I think it is, he has many other projects he has started, and has promised other routes (which was a little foolish).

Do you mean me, Rich?

The Snap

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
For your infomation, Emergerncybrake will current slow down both production of the route due to another project taken from my hand which is the Epping to Ongar Branch (BVE 4). Anyway there is no signal in Epping and Ongar branch so may i know who is the person who say must have good signal, including me?

I don';t understand what this means...:confused:

LondonBVE

Ok to be clearer, Emergencybrake from TTF have told me that there is no signal in the whole line (Epping to Ongar Branch), but why i saw signal in the original route? Anyway is there really signal in the real-life Epping to Ongar Branch?

P.S In the past.

(I think Emergencybrake has mistood our idea or we mistook his idea. I think he is doing the current Epping to Ongar Branch which is run by EOR).

devon_metro

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
Ok to be clearer, Emergencybrake from TTF have told me that there is no signal in the whole line (Epping to Ongar Branch), but why i saw signal in the original route? Anyway is there really signal in the real-life Epping to Ongar Branch?

P.S In the past.

(I think Emergencybrake has mistood our idea or we mistook his idea. I think he is doing the current Epping to Ongar Branch which is run by EOR).

I doubt there are not any signals... as that would not be safe. Unless there is only signals at Epping and it's OTW from then on.

Coxster

Established Member
I know for sure there were station starters at both Epping and Ongar and I presume there were others. I'm not sure about the line nowadays. It is currently being run by a preservation railway and trains can no longer run into Epping station from Ongar. One would assume signals are still there, even if they are now disconnected.

T

Tom

There are a few signals.

Station starters at Epping, North Weald and Ongar (North Weald due to the old loop). Ongar is the only location on the line to have a static repeater which repeats the red stop light at Ongar buffers.

LondonBVE

Emergencybrake (PM) said:
There is no signalling on the route because it is operated by one train only. I have the Driver's eye view DVD so I know what needs to be included in the route.

That's is what he said in the message.

Tom B

Established Member
1992 FTR.

There are more signals IIRC.. if the authour looks on another forum he will see that a diagram was posted in the not too distant past.

Status
Not open for further replies.