• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Equal Pay: The Myths and Facts of the Gender Wage Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
I'm not sure I understand how that relates to the given definition.

As I said: "you're only saying it to look good in front of your mates".

The implication is that either the person is lying about their true beliefs, or is immature and naïve and doesn't really know what they think.

Easier to dismiss any contrary view as "virtue signalling", innit.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Up_Tilt_390

As I said: "you're only saying it to look good in front of your mates".

The implication is that either the person is lying about their true beliefs, or is immature and naïve and doesn't really know what they think.

Easier to dismiss any contrary view as "virtue signalling", innit.

But if someone is genuinely lying about their beliefs or doesn't actually know what they think and is instead asserting themselves just to establish a moral high ground and look good, then it kind of is virtue signalling. You won't be able to tell though until you actually engage with the argument, so it'd be a bit foolish to dismiss something as virtue signalling if you weren't to engage beforehand unless you knew the person well such as seeing them have a history of it. For example, I don't bother to engage Britain First when they virtue signal with all their posts just to look patriotic, but they have a history of making those posts as well as actually deleting some of the comments that challenge them, and in fact Britain First just prefer to call them a traitor. I think that might actually be the far-right's favourite buzzword.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.