• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

NXEC have a deal on for joining Escape. If you have a valid boarding pass / e-ticket for a flight from London - Newcastle you can join Escape for 6 months and get 2 free first class tickets for anywhere on their route subject to availability and access to first class lounges etc. I can see flights from about £16. So I'm tempted to buy a flight and not use it just to join Escape. Has anyone tried this? Can anyone see a problem with my plan?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
NXEC have a deal on for joining Escape. If you have a valid boarding pass / e-ticket for a flight from London - Newcastle you can join Escape for 6 months and get 2 free first class tickets for anywhere on their route subject to availability and access to first class lounges etc. I can see flights from about £16. So I'm tempted to buy a flight and not use it just to join Escape. Has anyone tried this? Can anyone see a problem with my plan?

Go for it. Got to be easier to provide a valid e-ticket/boarding pass for a midweek London-Newcastle flight to get your free trial membership of 'Escape' than it will be to find £1800 of used train tickets from the past three months.

bengolding

I was a member of GNERtime/GNERtime Privilege since it started until its demise last year. Not bothered joining Escape as the benefits have been significantly reduced. There are far fewer Travel Vouchers than before and you no longer get breakfast or lunch vouchers. The access to First Lounges is of no use as I travel First anyway and hardly use them.

John @ home

Established Member
NXEC have a deal on for joining Escape. If you have a valid boarding pass / e-ticket for a flight from London - Newcastle you can join Escape for 6 months and get 2 free first class tickets for anywhere on their route subject to availability and access to first class lounges etc.

Could you post the words of the offer, please? I can't find it on the NXEC site.

Status
Not open for further replies.