• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Established Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_Reeves

Established Member
Hi all,

Just a quick question: how many posts do you need to be an established member? I thought it was 1000 but I've recently seen established members with less than that.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
I seem to remember reading that posts made in the Quizzes and Games sub-forum don't count towards your public post count, however they may count towards what determines the member status, so someone could have over 1000 posts (making them an Established Member), but less than 1000 of them outside the Quizzes and Games sub-forum (meaning their public post count is less than 1000).

I may be completely wrong, it just seems like a likely explanation to me.

Lrd

Established Member
The number of posts required is a closely kept secret that only Forum Staff know

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I seem to remember reading that posts made in the Quizzes and Games sub-forum don't count towards your public post count, however they may count towards what determines the member status, so someone could have over 1000 posts (making them an Established Member), but less than 1000 of them outside the Quizzes and Games sub-forum (meaning their public post count is less than 1000).

I may be completely wrong, it just seems like a likely explanation to me.
I believe this has been changed ;)

Darandio

Established Member

This certainly doesn't seem to be the case since the forum switchover, it seems that for some members the race is back on.

roversfan2001

Established Member
No worries, just remember seeing that that was the case at one point.

Given my post count is on 925 at the moment I'll be keeping a close eye on when I become an 'Established Member' ;)

Crossover

Established Member
If it is still anything like it used to be, it will be a random number and may change occasionally. The topic comes up every now and then - I can't remember off-hand what it has been in the past

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It's a random number in the area of a 1,000. We do change it from time to time which has occasionally accidentally kicked people back from Established but usually we spot that and fix it!

Gathursty

Established Member
When you type random, do you mean it is a computer-generated number?

roversfan2001

Established Member
It's a random number in the area of a 1,000. We do change it from time to time which has occasionally accidentally kicked people back from Established but usually we spot that and fix it!
That just gave me the impression that when it's a quiet day on the forum, you decrease the number by a tiny amount and wait and see if anyone kicks up a fuss, it's amused me :lol:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
When you type random, do you mean it is a computer-generated number?

No I mean it's a number chosen by an Admin that's somewhere in the vicinity of 1,000. It's not very scientific!

That just gave me the impression that when it's a quiet day on the forum, you decrease the number by a tiny amount and wait and see if anyone kicks up a fuss, it's amused me

I couldn't possibly comment on the accuracy or otherwise of that statement :lol:;):lol:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Hi all,

Just a quick question: how many posts do you need to be an established member? I thought it was 1000 but I've recently seen established members with less than that.

Thanks
Nobody told you about The Ritual? :)

shredder1

Established Member
I`ve just realised I`ve become one, I`m honoured :smile:.

Do I now give a special handshake and sign for other Established Members when we meet on platform ends, do I have to stand on a chair with one pant leg rolled up, or will I received an invite to an award ceremony

Great website though, lovely and very helpful people and well moderated, well done guys :smile:

Last edited:

roversfan2001

Established Member
Apologies for the slight bump but I've just hit Established Member status on 996 posts ;)

(cue the staff changing the number... :lol:)

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Paraphrasing Groucho Marx, would I wish to belong to any club/forum that would have me as an Established Member:?: Oops, I've literally just noticed for the first time that I appear to be one, in which case I shall change my tack and defend the principle to the death.:smile:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm surprised no-one's asking what it takes to be a Veteran Member ;)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I thought it was when you’d learnt everything there was to learn and that it was the equivalent of becoming a deity or a saint?
Well that was quick I thought it'd take longer for someone to come up with the right answer! :lol:

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Has the number of posts required to obtain Established Member status been increased recently may I ask? It used to be about 1000 posts but it now seems to be in excess of 1100 possibly about 1120.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
In order to keep people from attempting to make posts in order to get to a specific rank we do change the thresholds from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.