• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Established Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelW

Established Member
Has the number of posts required to obtain Established Member status been increased recently may I ask? It used to be about 1000 posts but it now seems to be in excess of 1100 possibly about 1120.
In my case it was a little more than the highest of those numbers, but maybe I'd better not be too specific in case I'm downgraded again :'(

It wasn't a round number either.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
In my case it was a little more than the highest of those numbers, but maybe I'd better not be too specific in case I'm downgraded again :'(

It wasn't a round number either.

Previous posts suggested that if the number was revised after someone attained Established status, the forum wouldn't downgrade you but should it inadvertently happened the forum staff would fix it, unless that has also changed?

DelW

Established Member
Previous posts suggested that if the number was revised after someone attained Established status, the forum wouldn't downgrade you but should it inadvertently happened the forum staff would fix it, unless that has also changed?
It wasn't meant too seriously :D

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I can honestly say I've never paid attention to the number of posts I've made, so wouldn't have the faintest idea when I became an Established Member, which I apparently am. I've sometimes surprised myself, both in good and bad ways, when an old thread is resurrected and one of my previous posts sees the light of day again - e.g, 'which tw*t wrote that?' - oh dear, it was me!

hexagon789

Veteran Member
It wasn't meant too seriously :D

No I get that, I just meant that I believe the forum staff can sort it out

I can honestly say I've never paid attention to the number of posts I've made, so wouldn't have the faintest idea when I became an Established Member, which I apparently am. I've sometimes surprised myself, both in good and bad ways, when an old thread is resurrected and one of my previous posts sees the light of day again - e.g, 'which tw*t wrote that?' - oh dear, it was me!

I can definitely relate to that! :oops::lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes on my Frequent Flyer Forum - FlyerTalk - it is referred to as post-padding and is actively discouraged.
Quality not quantity eh? ;)
There is definitely something to be said about that.
I’ve always tried to post things that I’ve thought about properly since I originally joined, and I try not to comment on stuff that I don’t really know about...
A couple of years ago because I didn’t really do any social media stuff I remember starting this thread just to ask why people had joined this forum? It’s interesting looking back at some of the answers, and how green around the gills I was back then! :oops::

I remember logging on one morning a few years ago and seeing Established Member above my name and thinking “I tell you what. People are going to have to take me seriously in life now you know...”:lol:

ComUtoR

Established Member
What you could do is...

Go to the member list and see the count where someone has Established or New Member :)

Currently somewhere between 1088-1143

Last edited:

PeterY

Established Member
I've been a member for years but rarely post but reads almost everyday. So I've a few years to go to become an established member.

One more post added to my total :D :D :D :D :D

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I shall be keeping my eye on my status very closely in the days and weeks ahead!

I'll hopefully have a definite number within the week!

Did you miss Ainsworth saying the number isn't fixed...?

In order to keep people from attempting to make posts in order to get to a specific rank we do change the thresholds from time to time.

ComUtoR

Established Member
@Peter Mugridge you are currently an 'Established Member' with 10,940 posts. You're pretty close to Veteran I've seen Veterans with 12k..

@ainsworth74 is it possible to have a % split per level rather than a fixed number ? Say the top 30% highest post counts get Veteran, the next 30% get established etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've been a member for years but rarely post but reads almost everyday. So I've a few years to go to become an established member.

One more post added to my total :D :D :D :D :D
Yes but we’re going to have to remove this post now for ‘excessive use of smileys’. :lol:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Quality not quantity eh? ;)
There is definitely something to be said about that.
I’ve always tried to post things that I’ve thought about properly since I originally joined, and I try not to comment on stuff that I don’t really know about...
A couple of years ago because I didn’t really do any social media stuff I remember starting this thread just to ask why people had joined this forum? It’s interesting looking back at some of the answers, and how green around the gills I was back then! :oops::

I remember logging on one morning a few years ago and seeing Established Member above my name and thinking “I tell you what. People are going to have to take me seriously in life now you know...”:lol:
That's not what the rest of us thought ;)

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Found the magic number! I won't give it away, but it's between 1135 and 1145 ;)

Trackman

Established Member
I seem to remember reading that posts made in the Quizzes and Games sub-forum don't count towards your public post count, however they may count towards what determines the member status, so someone could have over 1000 posts (making them an Established Member), but less than 1000 of them outside the Quizzes and Games sub-forum (meaning their public post count is less than 1000).

I may be completely wrong, it just seems like a likely explanation to me.

This certainly doesn't seem to be the case since the forum switchover, it seems that for some members the race is back on.

Curious, @perryman who I think only posts on quizzes and games is a new member with 1 post, looking at the profile they have posted over 600 times, so they would be a 'Member'

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Curious, @perryman who I think only posts on quizzes and games is a new member with 1 post, looking at the profile they have posted over 600 times, so they would be a 'Member'

You're responding to posts from 2017 and things have moved on (including the Forum software!) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.