• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

richw

Veteran Member
Ah but had they done so you'd get the waste of licence fee argument because it could be done in Salford. Since they don't know what they're talking about half the time I subscribe to the argument in my previous sentence.

Mr Linekar is in Salford studio. Alan Shearer is definitely in poland though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Dear oh dear. Szczesny sent off. Pretty minor foul but clearly last man and had to go. Greek penalty...

...saved!!!

SS4

Established Member
Greece have just had a goal disallowed now !

edit: looks like my prediction of cards in the Prediction League may be a tad low :lol: (as it happens does 2 yellows [and the subsequent red] count as 2 or 4?)

richw

Veteran Member
Awful refereeing, Is he being paid a bribe fee to make bad decisions?

SS4

Established Member
Someone must have got onto him at half time because he's done a decent enough job in the second half. Poland's keeper had to walk for denying a goalscoring opportunity.

If anything Poland should be more cheesed off that they should have been out of sight at half time.

Full Time 1:1

Ivo

Established Member
does 2 yellows [and the subsequent red] count as 2 or 4?

I hadn't noticed you said that, but I've already made a clarification in relation to this. Any player receiving a red card "earns" two points, whether it be as a straight red or as two yellows (in lieu of the red). So the first game is worth six points; one straight red (2), one double yellow (2), two single yellow (1+1).

Zoe

Established Member
I hadn't noticed you said that, but I've already made a clarification in relation to this. Any player receiving a red card "earns" two points, whether it be as a straight red or as two yellows (in lieu of the red). So the first game is worth six points; one straight red (2), one double yellow (2), two single yellow (1+1).
What if someone gets three yellow cards like in the Croatia vs Australia match at the 2006 World Cup?

richw

Veteran Member
"Webb" and "Poll" aren't the same thing ;)

Would still be treated as two points. It has to be that way to be honest.

Was it not howard Webb who produced the 3 yellows in one game?

Zoe

Established Member
Would still be treated as two points. It has to be that way to be honest.
I believe all three yellow cards were officially recorded back in 2006 though so three points in total could be given.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
15' Russia have scored: Russia 1 - 0 Czech Republic.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Does Beglin not think Russia are a good team or something? Both teams have been attacking well but he's twice said something suggesting it's been rather one-sided in the Czechs' favour so far! Russia have certainly had the chances to justify a goal.

Ivo

Established Member
I think we know who will be top of Group A at 2200!

Russia are better than their 16-1 suggests. That 3-0 over Italy was no accident.

Last edited:

CC 72100

Established Member
Dzagoev has played well for them (He'll move to a bigger European team sooner or later) and surprisingly Arshavin, maybe giving Wenger something to think about?

SS4

Established Member
Despicable from Nani. Should have been booked for simulation

(certainly a foul initially but no need to dive like he'd been mortally wounded)
Feels like this Portugal team spends more time on the deck than on their feet

valenta

A strange Spanish team to play Italy: Casillas Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba; X.Alonso, Busquets; Silva, Xavi, Iniesta; Fabregas
Perhaps Iniesta and Silva (possibly Fabregas) will push forward into attack?

Ivo

Established Member
An interesting analogy from Herr Löw:

"The European Championship is like a Formula 1 race without the warm-up. You have to make a good start and get off the grid straight away."

SS4

Established Member
That Croatian number 5 should really be in the referee's book by now

Ivo

Established Member
Jelavic has made it 1-2... and in doing so has taken the first step on his journey to hopefully winning me £40 as Golden Boot winner :p

Problems from the Croatia fans with smoke firecracker things?

David

Established Member
Not too bad so far!

However, Welbeck hasn't impressed me so far. Personally, I would have started with Defoe up front, as he's the closest we have to a natural goal scorer in the squad.

sonic2009

Established Member
Id say throw Andy Caroll on around 60/65 mins, then the French will be running scared.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

SS4

Established Member
Unlike the Sky News commentator I don't think England deserved their lead not that I'm complaining. England aren't playing with any passion or flexibility and continue to sit back despite France scoring when we tried it earlier. As is stands 1-1 will be a good result for us, can't see us scoring.

If we're too tired to play then bring on a big man up front and play route one.
On the BBC News page: "France hold England in Euro opener"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18076341

Obviously the BBC and I were watching different games (to be fair the article itself is more accurately titled) as it was England who held France
Ukraine 0 -1 Sweden

That's a good enough reason to crack open a bottle of Kopparberg <D
Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.