Euro high saver civ [eu]

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by portervalley, 3 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portervalley

portervalley Member

I'm making a journey to Europe from Chesterfield (outward on 18th June to Brussels and return from Paris on 21st June).

I intend to buy http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=CHD&dest=LNE&ldn=1&tkt=EVR for travel from CHD to STP. On the outward journey I understand the restriction about not arriving at STP prior to 10.10 but I'm confused by the reference to Eurostar off peak and the restriction code EU. I didn't think there was peak / off peak on Eurostar - I intend to buy a London - Brussels Eurostar single via the eurostar website and then buy the CHD - London International ticket to ensure that my UK travel is covered by CIV.

Secondly, my return on 21st June coincides with engineering works between STP and Luton with a replacement coach service running. The train onwards from Luton to CHD is all stops and slow. NRE shows it quicker to travel Kings Cross - Grantham and then change there for the EMT NOR - LIV service through to CHD. I'd prefer to travel via Grantham than on a replacement coach. Does my Euro High Saver CIV (EU) permit me to travel via Grantham on my return?

Any help and clarification greatly appreciated!

2. OwlMan

OwlMan Established Member

3. reb0118

reb0118 Established Member Fares Advisor

In the vast majority of cases you will be booked with a no refund/exchange ticket. Peak/Off Peak in those cases just refers to the base from price that you will be charged. There may be some fully flexible fares but these, IIRC, still require you to make a reservation - even at short notice.

I believe that the EVR will take any route restrictions applicable to the equivalent domestic SVR fare. If the SVR is valid via Grantham then your EVR will be too. Check the routing guide for any clarification.

4. 30907

30907 Established Member

As the ticket isn't valid on ES at all, I don't think that's it.
    The "unpublished" text appears to say that the am time restriction on NR doesn't apply on Saturdays Sundays or UK bank holidays. Obvious to most of us but maybe not to a computer? Or to an agency in a country with different holidays?

BTW - the cheaper LOE fare which Eurostar telesales will offer has no routing but is presumably Any Permitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.