• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

European Bahn Stock/Activies Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Now Available - £10.99!

eblocopack.jpg

Despite no announcement on EuropeanBahn, their stock and activities pack is available from UKTrainsim.com

"Class 31, 37, 47, 58, 89 and 317 units, a selection of wagons and Mark 1 and 2C coaches are included, plus activities for West Coastway Express, Pageants Field, ECE 1, ECE 2, and some for both ECE 1 and 2 together."

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Most of those locomotives were already in products ...

31 - LBE AP
37 - None
47 - None
58 - None
89 - ECE2
317 - ECE1

Considering the remaining ones have rather good freeware alternatives...

Coxster

Established Member
Tom said:
31 - LBE AP
37 - None
47 - None
58 - None
89 - ECE2
317 - ECE1
That'll be half then - not most...

I am seriously disapointed with the stock from them TBH. I have ELR disc and the stock on there is fantastic and realistic, yet, EuropeanBahn claim to have GNER giving them advice etc, the HST cab isn't even photorealistic, the throttle handle moves the wrong way etc. The MK4 cabviews are OK but as with the HST the braking is unrealistic (it's in notches in real life). The 317 accelerates and decellerates way too quickly and the brake should be in notches. The voyagers CPBC faces wrong way round and also the acceleration and decelleration is unrealistic. There are a few problems with the route itself aswell. I know these may seem like minor details to people but this is a simulator and it should simulate the driving of trains. I think the quality needs to be bought up to standard TBH. I also got the feeling that ECE 2 was a little rushed... :(

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Richard Armstrong said:
It reminds me of every EB product.
ROFL!

From their site..

"Class 58 in all it glory ! Go to the video section of Stock Park 1 - well we think the sounds are excellent"
"Plese note no EB product takes into consideration any third -party viewing addition.ition"
"You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
"11th January 2006 - In line with our programme of releases for 2006, EuropeanBahn is pleases to announce "Stock Park 1" which will include models of a Class 37, 47, 58, 90 & the mystery Loco which will only be disclose on the 17th February 2006 . "
"8.2 You may not create any links to this Website."

I would link to their website but it's against their rules!

I got L2B and was extremely disappointed that I wasted my money on it. to think routes like CrossCity (that make you feel as if you really are driving) for BVE are free....! I've seen InterCity East Coast and I'm afraid it doesn't make me think I am on the ECML at all. I can't believe anyone would pay those prices for it.

Coxster

Established Member
yorkie said:

ROFL!

From their site..

"Class 58 in all it glory ! Go to the video section of Stock Park 1 - well we think the sounds are excellent"
"Plese note no EB product takes into consideration any third -party viewing addition.ition"
"You should check this Website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions, because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website. If you do not wish to accept any new terms and conditions after we have given notice, you should not continue to use this Website.
"11th January 2006 - In line with our programme of releases for 2006, EuropeanBahn is pleases to announce "Stock Park 1" which will include models of a Class 37, 47, 58, 90 & the mystery Loco which will only be disclose on the 17th February 2006 . "
"8.2 You may not create any links to this Website."

I would link to their website but it's against their rules!

I got L2B and was extremely disappointed that I wasted my money on it. to think routes like CrossCity (that make you feel as if you really are driving) for BVE are free....! I've seen InterCity East Coast and I'm afraid it doesn't make me think I am on the ECML at all. I can't believe anyone would pay those prices for it.
When you look at the video (after allowing it a month-of-Sundays to load) they do things like putting it into forward when moving backwards and then accelerating with it in forward mode whilst still moving backwards! Very professional... ;)

cawky

look, for me their work is good, if you dont like it simply dont get it, what i dnt get is that you all moan about it here but wont have the b*lls to say it to them, thats just pathetic, they work hard to try and get out quality simulations, they have said before they dont place every tiny detail. i'll admit the HST brakes annoys me but i can change it or use a different train, and so what if they dont drive the train professionally, its a f***ing game, not real life. if you want something doing right do it yourself, dont just moan about it if your not prepared to do better. im going to get this addon, i like their work its good, remember at the end of the day its just a game, you wouldnt see real train drivers training on MSTS or TRS or BVE, so i say Well done to EB they should be proud of their work.
(always good to have a moan)
Dan

If you use it as a 'game' then what's teh point in getting it? It's designed for a simulation not a game...

LucaZone

Is that all the stock thats included? 5 Loco's and an EMU?

Concerning EB's quality, its all down to expectations. EB have never made an attempt to hide the fact that they are in it to make money. They dont spend time going on lavish research trips, and they have a target of 5-6 routes a year. Everyone knows what to expect, and nothing has changed since London Brighton Express in 2003. So why people still complain 3 years later about their products is silly.

They will keep making stuff while people keep buying their products and paying for them to make more......

What you have to watch for is Kens extremely over enthusiastic marketing :)

richa2002

Established Member
cawky said:
...but wont have the b*lls to say it to them, thats just pathetic...
I've told them many a time but they usually ban people from their forum even if they hint at any criticism.

AlexS

Established Member
cawky said:
look, for me their work is good, if you dont like it simply dont get it, what i dnt get is that you all moan about it here but wont have the b*lls to say it to them, thats just pathetic, they work hard to try and get out quality simulations, they have said before they dont place every tiny detail. i'll admit the HST brakes annoys me but i can change it or use a different train, and so what if they dont drive the train professionally, its a f***ing game, not real life. if you want something doing right do it yourself, dont just moan about it if your not prepared to do better. im going to get this addon, i like their work its good, remember at the end of the day its just a game, you wouldnt see real train drivers training on MSTS or TRS or BVE, so i say Well done to EB they should be proud of their work.
(always good to have a moan)
Dan

I've said it many times, it gets to you when they procede to abuse you or ban you for it. It ended up with me saying that Ken pleasures males.

I've been tempted to contact trading standards, but to be honest, I can't be bothered.

cawky

James 66526 said:
If you use it as a 'game' then what's teh point in getting it? It's designed for a simulation not a game...

ok few points:
A. i dont use it as a game but sometimes its nice to come home and just chill by having a quick run around
B. the point in getting it, is i like trains, i like driving trains and this is one of the best ways to do that (excluding BVE, thats just fantastic and free! (woo))
C. there is no exact way to operate your own version of msts, there isnt some gremlin kicking you in the nuts if you do something wrong (if there was i would kick him back) :it is a game it is designed to help you get an insight into driving trains but it is only a simulation if everything is guaranteed perfect and you have everything is set out like it should be Right Down to the smallest details: that is what my girlfriend said, she understands yet some of you dont undertsnad that, if you cant do any better what right does that give you to judge

even if i get banned from this forum i could not care less, this is a horrible spiteful unfriendly forum, nobody forces you to be an :bootysha: or buy their products, i have met a few nice people on here but most aren't :evil5:

the last words from me
now excuse me but i must go out and live my life and not worry whether something is a game or a simulation.

cawky

i've not heard of it, been on the forums and i have seen posts saying about the lack of detail and various other parts,(must find the posts)
depends what sort of criticism, constructive yes, destructive no, i would ban if somebody was bad mouthing something i had made (erutan namuh dellac sti) Remember The key Point YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEIR PRODUCTS (If their detail hasn't improved since their first products you should have learnt by now that it may not)

Muppet

Tom said:

31 - LBE AP
37 - None
47 - None
58 - None
89 - ECE2
317 - ECE1

Considering the remaining ones have rather good freeware alternatives...
Class 37 Great British Diesel Locos
Class 58 was done by Great British Diseal Locos and was quite good too

cawky

well f**k me i owe lots of peoples apologies, i never saw this, thats a bit extreme
sorry :hiding:
i owe some people an apology
guess i was just a bit p*ssed off

sorry

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry for the delayed reply, only just caught up with it.

cawky said:
:it is a game it is designed to help you get an insight into driving trains but it is only a simulation if everything is guaranteed perfect and you have everything is set out like it should be Right Down to the smallest details:
Believe me, I don't expect every little detail. I was just saying some things are completely wrong. I would not criticise freeware in such a way but this is something you pay a lot of money for.
cawky said:
this is a horrible spiteful unfriendly forum, nobody forces you to be an :bootysha: or buy their products, i have met a few nice people on here but most aren't :evil5:
There's a lot of people here, and most are friendly! We can have disagreements from time to time, but that's life.

As for meeting us - who've you met? You are welcome to do so (see forum meets section) and you may see we're not so bad ;)

cawky said:
well f**k me i owe lots of peoples apologies, i never saw this, thats a bit extreme
sorry :hiding:
i owe some people an apology
guess i was just a bit p*ssed off

sorry
No worries, apology accepted. And yes I maybe went a bit OTT regarding EB, but only after some of the stuff they've said to people.

If people are happy with the EB products then that's fine by me too. But personally, I do find it amazing how people can make sims that are actually far more realistic than commercial software and then give them out for free (e.g. BVE and various routes, and for something different: SimSig), those people who do that deserve medals quite honestly!

devon_metro

Established Member
Just seen that screenie, What a nice person. All the more reason to get ripped off and spend tons of money for a useless product that they will not rectify if it is wrong :roll:

LucaZone

A classic comment direct from Mr Big at EB:
Ken Austin said:
remember that EB is a commercial operation, and at no time have we every said that we will create exact model; it would be too time consuming and make the end product from a commercial point of view not worth finishing.
EB's policy is that accuracy is too time consuming and not worth the effort.......

LucaZone

........and their response to that one is:
We have never hidden the fact that our products are designed for those who do not sport the latest in computer hardware. Hence why are products graphical appearence is set below that of other providers.
If we were to visit and research every location featured along the lines in order to meet the accuracy you insist on, the price of the finished product would be unacceptable to our customers. We are a commercial organisation, and need to reach a balance between production costs and income.

class 313

Established Member
That reply from EB is Bull! i have a comp that is way over the recomended of brighton exspress and it still jogges alot whilst playing, with alot of errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.