• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Class 08 Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStar

GidDay, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the scrapping of the Eurostar 08 following a flashover? This would have been around 2005.

Robert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

12CSVT

Established Member
If its 08948 you are referring to, this is alive and well (or at least it was a couple of weeks ago when I saw it ) at Temple Mills depot.

NightStar

08948 is the locomotive in question. One of my sources states the 08948 was due to be scrapped in 2005 following a flashover. Eurostar must have changed their minds and sent the loco to Barrow Hill to be repaired? Anyone have any other information regarding the 08 and its electrical problems of 2004 or 2005?

Robert

Last edited:

es373

08948 has had some problems in the past but she has been repaired since and regularly performs maneuvers though out Temple Mills International. It was decided to have her repaired and sell off the 73 when the move from NPI to TMI came about.
The majority of moves performed are done at the bogie drop as depending on the repair being made, sets cannot move under their own power in this building.

Hi, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

es373

She still ticks over nicely and starts first time! The cold weather we had last year give her some gyp though!

Status
Not open for further replies.