• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar, London to Amsterdam - the first public train (VIDEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Been a while since I posted one of my videos in here, so I hope you enjoy this one... London to Brussels on this trip took an eye-wateringly quick 1h47m.

(6 minutes late into Amsterdam thanks to an unfavourable regulation decision *right outside* the station!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Awesome video! I like the new opening graphics as well! :)

The meal looked nice!

James Wake

Now I know another face behind a forum member, keep up the good work, your reports are great!

Halish Railway

Established Member
Another great video, it would be great to see the service increase in frequency, adding more flexibility. Let's just hope that fares don't simultaneously increase! - They already seemed a bit expensive.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Another great video, it would be great to see the service increase in frequency, adding more flexibility. Let's just hope that fares don't simultaneously increase! - They already seemed a bit expensive.

£35 is pretty cheap one way! That includes seat selection and taking your case with you, something low cost airlines won’t give you for that price. It’s also ten times as civilised as the plane. :)

AM9

Veteran Member
£35 is pretty cheap one way! That includes seat selection and taking your case with you, something low cost airlines won’t give you for that price. It’s also ten times as civilised as the plane. :)

Nice informative video. having been led to youtube by your link I also watched this:

On that video there was mention of Eurostar seting fares to compete with low-cost airlines so hopefully they stay at those low levels for some time to come. The interview with the Eurostar Director also mentioned that through fares to places other than Rotterdam and Amsterdam using the NS network will be available as small add-ons.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
On that video there was mention of Eurostar seting fares to compete with low-cost airlines so hopefully they stay at those low levels for some time to come. The interview with the Eurostar Director also mentioned that through fares to places other than Rotterdam and Amsterdam using the NS network will be available as small add-ons.

Yes, though I’m unsure how well used they will be. Not convinced there’s widespread demand for tourism outside Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is the business destination and there’s already a stop there. It’s not like the Netherlands has somewhere the equivalent of Bruges to draw people away from Amsterdam.

backontrack

Established Member
Yes, though I’m unsure how well used they will be. Not convinced there’s widespread demand for tourism outside Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is the business destination and there’s already a stop there. It’s not like the Netherlands has somewhere the equivalent of Bruges to draw people away from Amsterdam.
The Hague? Utrecht?

backontrack

Established Member
Neither strike me as key tourist destinations for British people in the same way that Bruges is.
Maybe not, but Utrecht was recently named by Lonely Planet as one of its 'Top 10 Unsung Travel Destinations' worldwide.

They may not strike you as key tourism destinations at all. Maybe that's why they could do with a Eurostar service.

Personally, I think Eurostar's next aim, however, should be extending some Brussels trains to Antwerp. It seems strange to pass through the city without stopping on the Amsterdam trains.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Was it complicated returning back to London what with the current Eurostar system of making you change in Amsterdam? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.