• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Paris - Staines London underground fare

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii2468

Hello all! I have a ticket on Eurostar from Paris to Staines which involves a connection between London St Pancras and London Waterloo. I wonder that whether the ticket I paid for(Paris Nord - Staines) includes the London Underground between St Pancras to Waterloo or not? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
What is shown under the routeing section on your ticket?

+ Any Permitted perhaps?

Is your fare one of these?

If so then yes you will have through travel on the Underground included?

button_boxer

Established Member
"Through fares" booked on eurostar.com are actually two tickets, the Eurostar ticket as normal and a UK ticket to or from the destination "Lndon Estar CIV". These tickets always include a cross London transfer if necessary.

hawaii2468

What is shown under the routeing section on your ticket?

+ Any Permitted perhaps?

Is your fare one of these?

If so then yes you will have through travel on the Underground included?

It only gives two parts of the ticket, one is the actual Eurostar ticket from Paris Nord - London St Pancras and the other is a Southwest Trains ticket and be available in a vending machine in the departure station.

My doubt is, whether this departure station is St Pancras or Waterloo.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
"Through fares" booked on eurostar.com are actually two tickets, the Eurostar ticket as normal and a UK ticket to or from the destination "Lndon Estar CIV". These tickets always include a cross London transfer if necessary.

As I remember, there is a UK ticket but it says from the departure station, I wonder if this was referred to London Waterloo or St Pancras.

Veteran Member
You should be able to collect the ticket at a National Rail machine at St Pancras and it is valid on the tube so it should work the gates.

Eurostar staff should be able to tell you the nearest one.

Sorry, just read the update. If you have the ticket already and it is credit card size it should work the tube gates.

Last edited:

hawaii2468

You should be able to collect the ticket at a National Rail machine at St Pancras and it is valid on the tube so it should work the gates.

Eurostar staff should be able to tell you the nearest one.

Sorry, just read the update. If you have the ticket already and it is credit card size it should work the tube gates.

I just wonder whether I could retrieve this Southwest train tickets at St Pancras either in the ticket office or a vending machine.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I just wonder whether I could retrieve this Southwest train tickets at St Pancras either in the ticket office or a vending machine.

There seems to be some confusion over whether you actually have the UK ticket or not. I think you are saying what has been printed on a booking confirmation email and you still have to pick the ticket up. If this is the case and it's a standard TOD reference (8 alphanumeric characters) then you can indeed pick the ticket up at any TOD enabled station. Once you have you'll see the actual route printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.