• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Priority Seating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BahrainLad

Off to Paris in Standard Premier in a week and the only decent seat available seems to be 44 in coach 3, which Eurostar labels a “priority” seat. But then obviously fails to explain anywhere what that means. Does it have extra space? Will I get kicked out if someone with a higher “priority” comes along?

It seems there are a couple of these seats in either end of coach 1, one end of coach 2 and a cluster in the middle of coach 3. They are different to the wheelchair/companion combo before anyone suggests that.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
A quick Google says they are seats for Persons with Reduced Mobility, as on other trains and buses. They are commonly near doors and loos!
I dont know, but would imagine there is a risk of being asked to move seats if a short notice traveller needing a Priority seat books. Why not ask Eurostar?

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Off to Paris in Standard Premier in a week and the only decent seat available seems to be 44 in coach 3, which Eurostar labels a “priority” seat. But then obviously fails to explain anywhere what that means. Does it have extra space? Will I get kicked out if someone with a higher “priority” comes along?

It seems there are a couple of these seats in either end of coach 1, one end of coach 2 and a cluster in the middle of coach 3. They are different to the wheelchair/companion combo before anyone suggests that.

I changed my seat to one of the so called "Priority" seats in Coach 3 (Seat 41) on a recent Eurostar trip (my initial allocated seat in Coach 1 clearly had a restricted view.)

The seat did not appear to be any different to any of the other seats in the coach, and no I wasn't kicked out of it either!

Status
Not open for further replies.