• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar seat reservations with DB London-Spezial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
Hello,

I was pleasantly surprised to find €59 each way from London to a fairly distant city in Eastern Germany, so I was well pleased, although of course, it might be a different story booking at the time I really want to go (in summer).

The stopover mechanism seemed to work quite well as well.

IME (mainly test booking, but over several years) you can fairly much rely on the €59 fare to almost anywhere in Germany using the 0625 ICE from Brussels and its counterpart back, and on the 0743 from Köln.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fandroid

Established Member
In the past I have done Milan to Reading in one day (change Lausanne and Paris), without too serious an early start in Italy. As for long leisure trips to Germany or Italy and beyond, it's always worthwhile pick a nice place for an overnight stop, as part of the tour. We have stayed in Aachen and Mainz for Germany and Dijon for Switzerland and Italy, and even Basel for deeper Switzerland (RhB territory).

pne

When I've used London Spezial tickets in the past there was no separate Eurostar ticket, I just had to take the DB print-at-home ticket to the manual check in desk at St Pancras/Brussels, they looked me up on the computer and let me through.

That was my experience, too, when I took ES from Germany to UK and back on London Spezial - had to go through the manual check-in desk where they issued me a Eurostar ticket/reservation on airline-ticket-sized cardstock: presumably for internal operational reasons as there was no charge involved in getting this extra ticket.

(On the return journey, they stapled this to the self-print-out DB ticket which was a bit annoying as it obscured the connection information that I would be relying on later.)

Train jaune

Done London Specials couple of times this year including Dresden to London First Class for 109 euro. Always got the seat in eurostar that was quoted on the DB issued tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.