• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar short-term alterations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hophead

Established Member
Eurostar report that, on most weekdays till the middle of July, the 19:01 from St. Pancras to Paris (train 9050) will not get to Gare du Nord till 23:17. This is an hour later than timetabled (and also the same arrival time as the following 20:01 / 9054).

Anyone know how they're managing this? Diversion, possibly via Amiens? Or do they hold it somewhere for ages? Once the clocks go forward in a few weeks, there'll be more opportunity to look out of the window and the passing (or possibly not passing) countryside.

Eurostar news page

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Groningen

Established Member
From the german travelplanner i see that this train does not run on 7, 14, 21 and 28 May, only on 5, 12, 19 and 26 June + 3 and 10 July. From July 17 it is nearly daily again. Arrivaltime is 22.17. I have found it. On days that that train arrives at 23.17 in Paris it departs at 19.25 in London. No stops in between.

Hophead

Established Member
The Eurostar timetable has the train running to the same times (excluding the current alterations) every day of the week except Saturday. The link to the news item does not suggest that the days of operation are to change.

I'm just interested in knowing what the train does that results in its later arrival in Paris (I don't need to know - just curious).

edwin_m

Veteran Member
I doubt two trains would be able to arrive at the Eurostar part of Gare du Nord at the same time. Is it possible this train is in fact cancelled and anybody booked on it will be accommodated on the later train?

Hophead

Established Member
Well, that'll be the difference between the working and public timetable, I suspect.

Hoping to combine the two trains seems a bit risky, especially on the Paris route. Realtime Trains shows today's 9050 on time all the way to the tunnel.

Just a thought: perhaps passengers are transferred onto a standard French inter-city set in Lille and they take the classic route?

However, the SNCF real-time map has train 9050 currently just south of Amiens on the LGV (but I don't know if it took any odd route to get there).

Oh well, not to worry. Maybe all will become clear in time.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
There are some engineering works on the LGV for the next 3 months or so, but that normally only results in about 10 - 15 minutes difference doesn't it?

I do also wonder if there is a connection between the engineering works and the number of trains that have been removed from the timetable during April / May?

Status
Not open for further replies.