• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar Snap ticket times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
[To be moved to "International" forum] If you have bought a Eurostar Snap ticket, could you comment on the times given so we can get an idea of what is common? I bought one for London to Brussels on Wednesday 12th July (afternoon) and have been given 12:58. The 12:58 has always been the cheapest or among the cheapest trains that afternoon for normal tickets over the last 3-4 weeks.

General information on Eurostar Snap:
Eurostar Snap is a scheme whereby passengers can book tickets for Eurostar for a specific morning and afternoon and are only later told which train they will be travelling on. Booking is possible between one month and one weekend in advance. Tickets are only available between London, Lille, Paris and Brussels. Eurostar Snap tickets are often significantly cheaper than other Eurostar tickets.
https://snap.eurostar.com/uk-en/

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duesselmartin

Established Member
I have just witnessed massive queues at Paris Nord stretching the whole first floor, down the stairs into the station hall.
Apart from not knowing how many trains were checked in there, how likely is a snap ticket holder be allocated a seat on a busy day?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've booked for August so I'll try and remember to update this post when Eurostar finalise my itinerary :D

Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Eurostar has compulsory reservations so you'll always have a seat.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I got given 1024 London - Paris 1347 and 1313 Paris - London 1439 for my trips this week. A little earlier from London would've been nice, but can't complain for £25!

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
It is a smart way to fill seats. How far in advance do you get told the times?

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
It is a smart way to fill seats. How far in advance do you get told the times?
I received an email with both my Outward & Return tickets 3 days before the outward journey, although the E* website does state 2 days prior.

s_null

I guess it's a bit risky if you're outside of London, though - not sure that you'd be able to get a cheap ticket to STP with 2 days notice...

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I guess it's a bit risky if you're outside of London, though - not sure that you'd be able to get a cheap ticket to STP with 2 days notice...
Correct.

It's exactly for this reason that I booked a £5 hostel in Seven Sisters and cheap APs from Liverpool either side of the Eurostar travel dates, rather than on the same day and risking them not connecting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.