• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar test runs Ashford <> St Pancras

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlippyFF

The last few weekends have seen a 373 run between St Pancras and Ashford and return, does anyone know why?
373229 is currently sat at Ashford P4 and according to RealTimeTrains map will be the 9Z03 13:05 back to STP(?)

TIA,

Simon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Probably to check that the train doesn't cause any more power surges, I've believe the Class 374 hasn't been able to call at Ashford since it's introduction.

FlippyFF

Probably to check that the train doesn't cause any more power surges, I've believe the Class 374 hasn't been able to call at Ashford since it's introduction.

But these have been test runs with 373s as I mentioned above, which serve Ashford daily, not 374s which don't.

Simon

popeter45

But these have been test runs with 373s as I mentioned above, which serve Ashford daily, not 374s which don't.

Simon

if a issue may damage kit on the 374's you dont want to test with them if possible
you can monitor for such a power surge with a 373 but they can handle it, i assume if this test proved no more surges they will move to testing with a 374 next

paul1609

Established Member
374s have been serving Ashford since 6/12. The issue which is to do with current return on dual electrified tracks has apparently been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.