• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar through tickets from UK stations to Brussels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm looking at booking a ticket from Darlington to Brussels in early September but there don't appear to be any through tickets appearing after Friday 24 August (and haven't been since I started looking a few weeks ago). Now I can put the lack of availability on the bank holiday weekend down to the massive engineering works on the ECML meaning a much reduced service. But then don't appear to be available for the entirety of the remaining Eurostar/LNER booking window (end of September currently). However Eurostar tickets from London to Brussels are available so it's only the through tickets that have vanished.

Is this an oversight/error? Or have they actually be withdrawn? Or will they go on sale in the near future?

I'm tempted to buy a Eurostar ticket and then a Darington to London International (CIV) ticket but that is more expensive overall than a through ticket (though not hideously so which might not be the case if I delay and they never go on sale!).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

johnnychips

Established Member
They made a similar glitch a few months ago, but there was a workaround. This isn’t an identical problem though. Have you tried the call centre: they are usually pretty good.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
They made a similar glitch a few months ago, but there was a workaround. This isn’t an identical problem though. Have you tried the call centre: they are usually pretty good.

Oh that's a good shout. I'm so used to doing things online that it hadn't occurred to me to ring someone! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.