• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar to Marseille from May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

button_boxer

Established Member
I am confused? Did you sleep through lunch or does the time difference make it impracticable to serve?

As a northerner, I'd say that the morning meal is breakfast, the midday meal is dinner and the early evening meal is tea...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
As another Northerner, you can call dinner tea if you like, but you don't want to call lunch dinner in France that's for sure!

I'm yet to hear a convincing acceptable alternative to Lunch. There's Brunch, but then that's a whole other debate...

HowardGWR

Established Member
We travelled out on Sat 12th September and returned on the 19th.

............................................................................./////////

Arrival back into St Pancras was 5” early and apart from the fact I was in coach 18 so it was a long hike there is not much more to say apart from one final whinge. The buffet car ends up adjacent to a set of “up” escalators and the trolleys are already waiting to do the destocking which blocks over 75” of the platform space. So causes a bottleneck of case pullers with its ensuing arrogance of people who will not wait for anyone else.

An excellent report, thanks. Why not email it to Eurostar (and your MP.... and Trip Advisor or similar?) ? Some of it may not be news to them, but some will be. Your summation of the useless checks is spot on, but I suspect those who do not understand your points are those who do not want to understand them.

grid56126

An excellent report, thanks. Why not email it to Eurostar (and your MP.... and Trip Advisor or similar?) ? Some of it may not be news to them, but some will be. Your summation of the useless checks is spot on, but I suspect those who do not understand your points are those who do not want to understand them.

Trip Advisor reports coming - despite being a skeptic initially , I use it a lot now reviewing and researching. . .

Emails already sent to Eusrostar and NR major stations, with some more leaning toward relevant detail as opposed to my opinionated waffle. . . .. .

Status
Not open for further replies.