• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostars north of Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

did it happen since class 373 exist?
did GNER operate them to another destination except of Leeds?
does anybody have photos which can confirm it (Glasgow? Edinburgh? Newcastle? York? somthing?)
thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
Prior to Leeds they used to run to York. I have some photos somewhere, I'll see if I can find one.

H

HR2

I did once see a Eurostar set at Newcastle Central. Presumably on a test run or somesuch. Had no camera with me so no picture I am afraid.

Craig

Established Member
Craig said:
Prior to Leeds they used to run to York. I have some photos somewhere, I'll see if I can find one.
I've attached a photo of 373304 at York on the 26th of May 2002.

Attachments

• 373304@York@260502@Craig_Allan@@2.jpg
    373304@York@260502@Craig_Allan@@2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 27

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
They operated to York last year for Royal Ascot too.

tramboy

Yup...they did! Click the link to see evidence of that!

http://david.dafyd.me.uk/gallery/albums/1/normal_14.jpg

The people on the platform (sat down) were more interested in the diesel behind (Royal Army Ordnance Corps IIRC...I think it was the standby for Scarborough excursions?) and the other person wandering down the platform is one of my friends! The set was 3305/6.

Cheers

Dave

1D53

Established Member
They definitely went to York while Leeds was being refurbished. They made it Newcastle on test but were found to be too long for corners and there was a risk of them sticking out too far and hitting trains on the other line.

Status
Not open for further replies.