• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemsim

Have any members of the Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller Programme (FTP) contacted the company to ask if the 12 month validity period of the FTP tickets will be extended by the period when we are unable to use the tickets.

I have raised the issue with the company via the website but have yet to get a response.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

37201xoIM

Not surprised you haven't heard back yet, to be honest - I suspect they haven't thought it through yet. When / if you do hear, I bet i wouldn't be the only one who'd be grateful if you could please post the gen here!

dutchflyer

Established Member
Its website at the mo just shows 1 train/day LON-PAR and thats all.
It also says that any bookings already made can be exchanged once the new trains are on its site for the new dates. How this affects this type of tickets dont know.

EC73LDN

Different companies involved - the OP is talking about the Eurotunnel vehicle shuttles between Folkestone and Calais, not the Eurostar high speed passenger trains.

Veteran Member
Different companies involved - the OP is talking about the Eurotunnel vehicle shuttles between Folkestone and Calais, not the Eurostar high speed passenger trains.
Well spotted - I certainly missed that.
TBH I doubt many forum members use Eurotunnel that often (and if they did, would they admit it on here? :))

paul1609

Established Member
Well spotted - I certainly missed that.
TBH I doubt many forum members use Eurotunnel that often (and if they did, would they admit it on here? :))
I use Eurotunnel fairly frequently but not enough to participate in the FTP as most of my journeys are day trips or overnights.
If you live in Kent and need to travel to the North of France or Belgium with tools theres not much in the way of alternatives tbh.
(On a clear day you can see the cliffs near Boulogne from the top of my village).
I go to St Vallery every so often as the railway there is twinned with the K&ESR. Ive looked in to going by public transport but it takes the best part of a day whereas Eurotunnel gets you there by 10 with a 6.30 start.

EC73LDN

An update on the original question - good news, there's a 12 month extension on the validity of these tickets being put in place shortly.

I've just received an email from Eurotunnel: "If you have purchased Frequent Traveller tickets, you will automatically be given 12 months extension to their normal validity, to give you plenty of time to use them. This will appear on your account in the next few weeks."
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.