• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurotunnel locomotive on M1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Evening everyone,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, it seemed the most appropriate!

Passed one of the Eurotunnel shuttle locomotives on the M1 tonight - think it was number 9109 but I can't be sure as I was wading the other way - and I'm not clued up on the numbering sequence for the locks either.

The locomotive was heading north - just wondeinv of anyone knew why as I'm more curious than anything else, particularly so far north (This would have been around the Leicester/Loughborough area).

Thanks,

Jack

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Brush at Loughborough are carrying out an overhaul/upgrade programme of the remaining 90xx and 91xx locomotives from 5.6MW to 7MW. As such I imagine that 9109 was heading to commence its upgrade.

Once upgraded, the remaining 90xx and 91xx locomotives will all become 98xx in line with the locomotives already rated at 7MW.

David

Established Member
I'm assuming that it's going to Brush in Loughborough. What for, I don't know.

And the reason they have to go via the roads is that they are too big for the British loading gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.