• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EUS>FTW sleeper 18/7/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks2000

Is there a problem with the sleeper tomorrow night? The national rail web site (and scot rail) is showing the sleeper tomorrow originating at WES

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mralexn

Can you please explain in a little bit more detail what you mean?
What train are you planning on catching?

I know what you mean. Just had a look myself.

The journey on NRES is just a suggestion.
Depart Euston on 1930 pendo to Glasgow, arrive just after midnight. Walk over to Queen Street, (it gives 30mins!!, can be done in 5). Then catch 0530 Queen St-Westerton which connects onto the FW sleeper at Westerton.

The sleeper will have run throughout as normal, not sure why it doesnt come up.

Are you doing this trip or just curious?.

scotsman

Established Member
Can you please explain in a little bit more detail what you mean?
What train are you planning on catching?

Judging by the OP's post, they are intending to catch the Caledonian Sleeper originating in Fort William tomorrow night.

rail-britain

Established Member
The berths are now fully reserved northbound on 18 July 2012, which is quite common in July
There are still some seats available (booked from Edinburgh)

Other TOC booking systems puts passengers on the last Virgin Trains service between Euston and Glasgow, then in the seats between Westerton and Fort William

ScotRail put passengers on the 23:50 Euston to Glasgow, then the early morning Glasgow to Fort William

Last edited:

sparks2000

Sorry for not giving the full details and causing you to second guess me. I am, if the service is running, intending to travel EUS to FTW tomorrow night.

For some reason tomorrow's (Wed) EUS to FTW sleeper is not showing up when I make online enquiries. Tonight's and Thursday's are listed as normal. The Inverness sleeper is listed so it just seems to be the FTW section that is not listed. I have a reservation and no calls (yet) to let me know it is off.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ah, thanks rail-britain. So that's it? If the accommodation is full it no longer gets listed in searches?

rail-britain

Established Member
If the accommodation is full it no longer gets listed in searches?
Yes, that is correct
There are normally three unreserved berths on the Fort William, but these too have been blocked out (suggesting manual reservation in place)

This suggests a group booking has been made, such bookings often take up most of the remaining berths!

However, this is more common with such things as Bargain Berths, once they are all sold / reserved, then they no longer appear

sparks2000

This suggests a group booking has been made, such bookings often take up most of the remaining berths!

Looks like it might be more of a party atmosphere than usual. I hope it's not a stag party or a rugby weekend but it's nice to see the service getting used.

4SRKT

Established Member
Looks like it might be more of a party atmosphere than usual. I hope it's not a stag party or a rugby weekend but it's nice to see the service getting used.

Maybe you'll get to join the Metre High Club if there's a party going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.