• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston - Chester Advance Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Does anyone know why Avanti are showing zero Advances for this journey on any dates? I was hoping to travel for a few days away at the beginning of September, but if I can't get my usual cheap tickets I'm not sure I'll bother, and maybe go somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST274

When you say any dates is this only in September? Because AFAIK there are no advances from late August yet let alone September due to timetables unconfirmed. Also if you check too close to this date they might be taken.

Veteran Member
I can find them, but they involve a longish wait at Crewe, presumably because Avanti insist on booking you on their own trains which do not connect well. Splitting at Crewe and using an Off-peak/Anytime Return thence should work.

Bungle73

On Moderation
When you say any dates is this only in September? Because AFAIK there are no advances from late August yet let alone September due to timetables unconfirmed. Also if you check too close to this date they might be taken.
No dates, full stop. And they’ve already told me at least one of my dates (6th) is available. No Advances though. No Advances for any dates whatsoever. This and reducing an hourly service to 2 trains a day, it’s like they are actively trying to destroy Chester’s tourist industry.

PY33

Perhaps the tickets haven’t yet been released. They are available in August and I booked one for later this month some 2/3 weeks ago. It was cheaper to do a split ticket at Crewe.

Bungle73

On Moderation
No Advances means no Advances. I've looked up various dates between now and September and there are none available for any of the dates I looked at!

I just looked up a random date in August, and guess what? No Advances.

I guess I'm going somewhere else....or nowhere at all.

PY33

It takes longer of course but LNWR are offering advances between EUS & CRE. You could top that up with a return CRE - CTR. There are some Avanti advance fares available for evening travel which is what I would use for a return journey but I guess that’s no good to you on the outward leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.