• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston- Inverness 14th July 1975

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Monday 14th July 1975, I and a party of Combined Cadet Force school boys took a relief train at 20.00 from Euston, due to arrive at Inverness the following morning at 07.51 then it was an onward coach to our camp at Loch Ewe.
We returned on Wednesday 23rd July catching the 19.30 at Inverness which was due to arrive at Euston the following morning at 07.13
I was 14 years old at the time. I distinctly remember we travelled in early Mk1 compartment stock with something like a class 83 at the Euston end and class 25 at the Inverness end. It was all a big eye opening adventure and I was particularly impressed with the landscape north of Perth and the amount of blue enamel signs in Scotland even then.
My big question and I know this is pretty unlikely for a positive outcome but does anyone out there have a record of the motive power involved?
Yours in a fever of optimism and anticipation!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
On Monday 14th July 1975, I and a party of Combined Cadet Force school boys took a relief train at 20.00 from Euston, due to arrive at Inverness the following morning at 07.51 then it was an onward coach to our camp at Loch Ewe.
We returned on Wednesday 23rd July catching the 19.30 at Inverness which was due to arrive at Euston the following morning at 07.13
I was 14 years old at the time. I distinctly remember we travelled in early Mk1 compartment stock with something like a class 83 at the Euston end and class 25 at the Inverness end. It was all a big eye opening adventure and I was particularly impressed with the landscape north of Perth and the amount of blue enamel signs in Scotland even then.
My big question and I know this is pretty unlikely for a positive outcome but does anyone out there have a record of the motive power involved?
Yours in a fever of optimism and anticipation!!
This is the kind of question that you might well get an answer for on wnxx. It might be worth joining and asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.