• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston -MKC advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
I need to go from Euston to Milton Keynes next Thursday in the evening peak - not departed from Euston in the evening peak before. Can anyone advise which trains are best to go for (or avoid)?

I am probably going to go for the 18:43 VT service which I think is the 11 car pendolino (or possibly the 18:13 LM).

It is cheaper if I leave after 19:00 in which case I assume the 19:20 Manchester would be better than the 19:10 Voyager?

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I need to go from Euston to Milton Keynes next Thursday in the evening peak - not departed from Euston in the evening peak before. Can anyone advise which trains are best to go for (or avoid)?

I am probably going to go for the 18:43 VT service which I think is the 11 car pendolino (or possibly the 18:13 LM).

It is cheaper if I leave after 19:00 in which case I assume the 19:20 Manchester would be better than the 19:10 Voyager?

Many thanks.

Depends what you're looking for.

The 1843 will require an Anytime ticket (or maybe not if you seek fares advice... ;) ), and is an 11-car Pendolino. However, it is still full and standing most days, with at a guess maybe 20-25 people having to stand. (Nowhere near as bad as previous, but Build It And They Will Come is all I'll say)

The 1910 service is a double Voyager and therefore has a lot of standard seats. It's also full and standing most days, but you can board that train with an Off-Peak ticket between Milton Keynes and London/vice versa.

The 1920 to Manchester is one of the very busiest services Virgin operate, and I suggest avoiding it if possible.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Does it have to be Virgin?

I would suggest you head for the LM 321 opperated service. it will be heavily loaded out of Euston but is lightly loaded after Watford and almost deserted by MKC! Is this service the 1854?

it is easy to spot this service as it will be the only 321 in the station, get down early and grab a seat

philjo

Established Member
Thanks for your replies.

Will get either the 18:43 VT or the 18:54 LM then. If the former I will book it online to get a reservation.
I have my annual Gold Card so the anytime single is only £3.60 more than the off-peak.

mullin

Hoping this works as I'm on my phone.

london midland seating plans / loads during the peak. Updated a few days ago too.

www.londonmidland.com/download/66120.6/comfy-from-euston-may-12/

Status
Not open for further replies.