• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Euston to Liverpool Charter 02/04/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomartin125

Anybody know what this is on Saturday? Apparently it's a GBRf charter, so I would expect electric traction, anythign happening in Liverpool on Saturday? At first I thought it was a footex... Could this still be the case?

Thanks,
Leo

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Footex 1119 Euston-Liverpool, 2100 back. Believe 87002 in frame if it comes off exam in time, the can otherwise.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Cheers FM!

Liverpool v Spurs kick off 17:00: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/general/chartered-train-service-110316/

We are pleased to announce that, in partnership with Thomas Cook Sport, we have arranged a chartered train service exclusively for ticket-holding One Hotspur Members and Season Ticket Holders for our forthcoming Premier League matches at Liverpool, Stoke City and Newcastle United.

and

Tickets for all three services will be subsidised by the Club and priced at £20 per person return for each fixture and will be available from Thomas Cook Sport.

but

This is a designated transport service covered by the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act. Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed or carried on these trains.

Last edited:

leomartin125

Ahhh just as I thought! Thanks very much guys, will look forward to seeing that on Saturday morning at Cheddington.

8A Rail

Established Member
Well the Spurs team will be on the pitch for 30mins before the LFC and the referee will appear as Kick Off is 17.30hrs.

86101... Looked good though... Will try to post up some photos later just south of Cheddington

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
86101... Looked good though... Will try to post up some photos later just south of Cheddington

A plod down the slow line all the way to Crewe, including the scenic route via Northampton.
It is also one of the first daylight passenger trains to travel the full length of the Norton Bridge Down Slow deviation.

Why did the ECS come from Burton - and not from Wembley??

Last edited:

The stock is based at Burton. It would previously have been from Crewe.

Thanks - who owns the stock - at first i assumed it was Virgin given the livery, but then noted all the Virgin lettering has been removed...

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Thanks - who owns the stock - at first i assumed it was Virgin given the livery, but then noted all the Virgin lettering has been removed...

Riveria? I saw the stock hauled through Bletchley by a 66. All ex Virgin livery except one inter city vehicle

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
Ah, that explains it...saw this at Crewe about 19h40 going north, 66 on front and 87 on rear. Thought that it was just an empty stock move.

8A Rail

Established Member
Ah, that explains it...saw this at Crewe about 19h40 going north, 66 on front and 87 on rear. Thought that it was just an empty stock move.
You mean 86101 and it was an empty stock move - to Liverpool Lime St, hence 66703 on front. HTH.

pemma

Veteran Member
Well the Spurs team will be on the pitch for 30mins before the LFC and the referee will appear as Kick Off is 17.30hrs.

I'm sure Liverpool were be on the field at that time too - doing their pre-match warm-up!

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Would it be wrong to use a loophole in the Terms and Conditions to be able to travel on one of these? Not that I would of course...

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Would it be wrong to use a loophole in the Terms and Conditions to be able to travel on one of these? Not that I would of course...

you need to be a Spurs season ticket holder or club member and by a ticket through them and Thomas Cook. If you are the fare is £20.

Status
Not open for further replies.