Euston to Marylebone transfer

Discussion in 'Trip Planning & Reports' started by Johngill100, 27 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johngill100

Johngill100 Member

Someone on the train has a ticket from Millom to West Ruislip.

Their itinerary is sending them to Euston Sq to Baker St, change to Bakerloo to Marylebone.

Would it be possible for them to go Victoria to Ox Circus then Bakerloo to Marylebone? Makes more sense to me?

They have the sword cross on the ticket, doesn't look very Maltese mind.

I also take it they couldn't go to Ox Circus then Central line all the way to West Ruislip?

2. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

I'd take the 205 bus direct even if it would cost them a couple of quid, provided they have a contactless card or Oyster to pay it with.

If they don't:

The Tube doesn't have permitted routes per se, so I don't see why the zone 1 route you suggest would be a problem. I don't know about Tube to West Ruislip - you could do that on the WCML/Bakerloo with a ticket to (say) Harrow, but I don't know about the Central Line.

3. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Via Oxford Circus to Marylebone is fine. Central Line all the way is not.

4. Johngill100

Johngill100 Member

Cheers.

I think the bus is good but they don't have oyster. I think via Ox is the simplest route for them.

5. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Or walk from Baker Street to Marylebone, it's not far.

6. plothi

plothi Member

I agree with that. If arriving at Euston, then the cross-London transfer can start at Euston or Euston Square and continue to Marylebone by any appropriate route.

If going from Euston Square, it would probably be easier just to walk the last section (about 1/4 mile) from Baker Street to Marylebone than to change trains.

7. Indigo2

Indigo2 Established Member

I don't agree; if you get a Metropolitan Line train from Euston Square the change to the Bakerloo line at Baker Street is really quite straightforward - down some stairs directly from the platform, then down an escalator and at Marylebone you exit from the Bakerloo line right in the centre of the station.

I prefer the change from Metropolitan to Bakerloo at Marylebone to the change from southbound Victoria to northbound Bakerloo at Oxford Circus, which involves walking along a narrow and usually crowded passageway and also up as well as down a few stairs (not too many though).

Last edited: 27 May 2015
  8. Johngill100

Johngill100 Member

I appreciate all ideas here but these folks needed as simple as poss and beginning to describe the walk although easy to the likes us to someone from the back of yonder it would have been more risky. They said there more people on Euston concourse than in their home town!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.